to uninstall the v1.2 first?

Regards
YM
Re: upgrading nessus [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 31, 2004 at 05:15:30PM +0800, Leong, Yang May wrote:

> If I got nessus 1.2 and now want to upgrade to 2.0, do I download the
> installer script and start from scratch?

Yes.

> what abt the previous version, will it be
> replaced or do I have to uninstall the v1.2 first?

It won't hurt to uninstall it, but you'll be prompted to remove the
previous version when configuring nessus-libraries.

George
--
theall@tifaware.com
upgrading nessus [ In reply to ]
Thanks George,

Pls refer to my query on your answer (underline in brown colour)

If I got nessus 1.2 and now want to upgrade to 2.0, do I download the
> installer script and start from scratch?

Yes.
Can I upgrade the nessus via CVS instead of using the installer-script or
untar and compile the 4 tar balls? Are there any security risks with using
CVS?

There is also an automatic script (found under the nessus archives) which
will un-install and install the nessus using CVS method. Will either of
these work well?

> what abt the previous version, will it be
> replaced or do I have to uninstall the v1.2 first?

It won't hurt to uninstall it, but you'll be prompted to remove the
previous version when configuring nessus-libraries.

Leong Yang May
Solectron Technology Singapore Pte Ltd
12 Kallang Way
Singapore 349216
ITSS (Information Technology Systems & Services)
Tel: 68411888 ext 1209
Fax: 65-68420367
Re: upgrading nessus [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 04:31:47PM +0800, Leong, Yang May wrote:

> Can I upgrade the nessus via CVS instead of using the installer-script or untar
> and compile the 4 tar balls?

I don't see any reason why you couldn't use CVS. Still, if you're just
planning to run a production release, why bother?

> Are there any security risks with using CVS?

You mean to retrieve the source? No, not really.

> There is also an automatic script (found under the nessus archives) which will
> un-install and install the nessus using CVS method. Will either of these work w
> ell?

If this is different from nessus-installer.sh (which doesn't use CVS),
I'm not familiar with it.

George
--
theall@tifaware.com