Nessus Vesion : (Nessus) 2.0.10 for HP-UX
OS : HP-UX 11.11
For Example:
My machine's IP is 100.100.100.100.Testing works well,when I give this IP.When I give another's machine IP(that is connected in local network),
the problem occurs.

If any one have came across such problem,please help me to solve this problem.Also can anyone tell in brief about the details of Scan options in Nessus.

With Advance Thanks,
Prabu.

System hangs while testing Nessus [ In reply to ]
Hello All,
I am new to this product.I have installed the Nessus Server in a HP-UX(11.23) Machine.When I am proceeding with the testing (scanning another machine that is connected in local network),my systems hangs.I don't know what is the problem.I started the client through Xwindows(GUI,not through commandline).

This problem occurs only when I specifiy My Scans options with only
TCP CONNECT SCAN( ).When I enable all available scan options,there is no problem of system hanging.But It scans only the host.When I give another machine's IP to scan,it doesnot scan.