Mailing List Archive

Availability of a NASL Scripts to check Windows Local (and Domain ) Security Policy Settings
All,

I was curious if anyone has developed a set of NASL Scripts to review the
Windows local (and domain) security policy settings of workstations, member
servers and domain servers.

If so, can anyone share these with me? If these are available for a
reasonable cost, can anyone point me to a vendor/solution (not a product to
replace or augment Nessus, but a set of scripts that can be customized to
meet the baseline security policy that a company may have defined as part of
its security policies).

I requested that Microsoft provide this capability as part of a future MBSA
release, but until this is available, we would like to use Nessus to perform
these types of checks (using our internal security policies as a baseline).
We use the Center for Internet Security Tools to perform this type of
security policy compliance checks, but CIS must be run locally on the target
and we would like to incorporate this as part of our corporate Nessus scans.

Any assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Rafael Rosado, CISSP, CISA
IT Security Manager
Lucent Technologies
IT Infrastructure - Network Design
2400 SW 145th Avenue
Miramar, Florida 33027
Office: 954-885-2176
Facsimile: 954-885-3861
Email: rarosado@lucent.com

This electronic mail message contains information belonging to Lucent
Technologies, which may be confidential and/or legal privileged. The
information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named
above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, printing, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action
in reliance on the contents of this electronically mailed information is
strictly prohibited. If you receive this message in error, please
immediately notify us by electronic mail and delete this message.