Mailing List Archive

Build of 2.0.10a failure
Greetings...

While building Nessus 2.0.10a, I encountered a build error in
nessus-core:

Building nessus version 2.0.10a ... Fail:
Building "nessus" errored during make:
backend.c: In function `_backend_cmpcb':
backend.c:254: `in_addr_t' undeclared (first use in this function)
backend.c:254: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
backend.c:254: for each function it appears in.)
backend.c:254: parse error before `rin'
backend.c:256: `rin' undeclared (first use in this function)
backend.c:257: `lin' undeclared (first use in this function)
make[1]: *** [backend.o] Error 1
make: *** [client] Error 2
nessus new version is "", but loaded version is "2.0.10a".

There is no in_addr_t anywhere within /usr/include

It is usually defined by <netinet/in.h> in glibc 2.3.x; and on my
other platform, Nessus builds just fine. However, the platform I'm
writing this on right now uses glibc 2.1.3, which lacks in_addr_t in
netinet/in.h; it only defines the in_addr struct.

Previous versions of nessus 2.0.x compiled without issue on the same
platform.

Since glibc 2.1.3 is rather old, I don't know if anybody wants to fix
this...

Cheers,
Kris
Re: Build of 2.0.10a failure [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

Same problem over here. I was trying to build on a Sun Cobalt Qube3 and
I got the same message. Latest glibc that was released by Sun as an rpm
for this system is 2.1.3 as well.

I got the error using the .sh installer 2.0.10a and also when i was
installing the core package manually

Tried the sh installer for 2.0.10 (no "a") - same problem
Tried the sh installer for 2.0.9 - works

So I'm running 2.0.9 at the moment (I just realised that I don't know
what i'm missing yet, so right now I'm happy ;), after all it's nice to
be stuck at a computer all evening and have something to show for it
afterwards)

Cau!
Jeroen