July 5; it seems likely that we will receive few if any
new configuration requests over the holiday weekend.

If cancellation of this configuration window will cause
a hardship to any organization, we will proceed with the
normal configuration on July 5.

Thank you.
--Elise
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Re: config run on July 5 [ In reply to ]
Peter,

> > July 5 needs to be accomplished on Monday July 4 which is
> > a holiday as you all know.
>
> May I point out that TODAY is the holiday as you all knew..

Shucks, my calendar states that the holiday is June 25, not the
24th, so of course, it didn't occur to us that the config run
would conflict.

> (In Sweden atleast, and may I point out that the network
> covers more than one (US) country.....)

We can always count on you to keep us apprised of the facts. ;-)
Is it an inconvenience to have only one config window that week?

> ---Peter
>
> (It's midsummernightseve today, wich means that there is no sunset.)

Sounds lovely - is there a midsummernight's eve ball?
--Elise
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Re: config run on July 5 [ In reply to ]
From: epg@merit.edu
Subject: Re: config run on July 5
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 94 15:42:34 EDT

We can always count on you to keep us apprised of the facts. ;-)
Is it an inconvenience to have only one config window that week?

--Elise

Elise, et al,

If there is a need for two runs that week, would it be feasible to
move the usual Tuesday run to Wednesday that week? Would this solve
problems for all concerned?

Regards,
Bob Kieran
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Re: config run on July 5 [ In reply to ]

Re: config run on July 5 [ In reply to ]
> We can always count on you to keep us apprised of the facts. ;-)
> Is it an inconvenience to have only one config window that week?

I just wanted to remind you that there is an Internet outside the US.

Have no problems with only one config run that week.

--Peter
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Re: config run on July 5 [ In reply to ]
Bob,

> From: epg@merit.edu
> Subject: Re: config run on July 5
> Date: Fri, 24 Jun 94 15:42:34 EDT

> We can always count on you to keep us apprised of the facts. ;-)
> Is it an inconvenience to have only one config window that week?

> --Elise
>
> Elise, et al,
>
> If there is a need for two runs that week, would it be feasible to
> move the usual Tuesday run to Wednesday that week? Would this solve
> problems for all concerned?
>
> Regards,
> Bob Kieran

Excellent suggestion. We will reschedule the the config window
from Tuesday, July 5 to Wednesday, July 6. NACRs that are received
prior to noon on July 4 will be updated in the configuration files
on July 6.

--Elise