For anyone running Akvorado, can you please comment on resource requirements. I'm most concerned with CPU and memory, with the assumption that resources are somewhat linear to flow rate, but also curious about disk usage secondarily.

Thanks,
Graham
Re: Akvorado Resource Requirements [ In reply to ]
Graham

You may want to build a lab and fire a generator at it to gather metrics.
Fast search landed on https://github.com/nerdalert/nflow-generator but I am
sure there are more.

--
- Andrew "lathama" Latham -
Re: Akvorado Resource Requirements [ In reply to ]
On 2023-03-24 15:01, Graham Johnston via NANOG wrote:
> For anyone running Akvorado, can you please comment on resource requirements. I'm most concerned with CPU and memory, with the assumption that resources are somewhat linear to flow rate, but also curious about disk usage secondarily.

A VM with 64 GB, 24 vCPU can sustain about 100k flows/s.

1 TB seems enough to keep data for about 5 years at 30k flows/s with the
default setup. This is however highly dependent on how well your flows
can be compressed. The main table with the default retention can use
around 600 GB by itself. The data compresses well outside of the main table.

You should test on your setup and let it run for a few days. You can
check how much space each table uses and extrapolate depending on the
TTL set on each table.
RE: Akvorado Resource Requirements [ In reply to ]
Thanks, Vincent, I appreciate the feedback.

Regards,
Graham