Mailing List Archive

Looking for someone at ipligence and/or Washington Gas
I'm recently become a customer of Washington Gas but their website won't
let me see anything claiming I'm in the Netherlands and so they are
blocking me. I'm not sure how the geolocation data got screwed up, as
far as I can tell this IP block has never been there and every
geolocation provider except for ipligence shows it in pretty much the
right spot near Washington DC. Phone call to Washington Gas says email
their support, their support has an auto reply saying they will get back
to me but never does, I've just send the 3rd email there, the first two
being the 17th and 23rd of February, so the 24-48 hours their
autoresponder claims is clearly a joke. I've also submitted a contact
to ipligence as they seem to be the geolocation provider in use as they
are the only one with the bad geolocation data and it matches what
Washington Gas claims, but no response there either and their site still
shows the bad data more than a month later.

I've added the one person I could find at Washington Gas via searching
around to the second and third requests but it seems no one is even
looking at their email and they will not help via the phone saying it's
a different department and to email, at this point I'm not sure what to
do other than reach out here to hopefully find someone with a clue, try
publicly calling out on twitter, and possibly file a complaint with the
regulators as that seems the only way they might bother to even reply.

If anyone at either company is here please contact me or if anyone has a
contact at either company I can try please let me know.

Thanks,
Glenn