Mailing List Archive

starlink downlink/internet access
Hi folks,

Anyone know/advise if Starlink internet downlink is in US Google fiber ?
I thought I saw a message before that Starlink was using Google fiber.

I was referring to the actual internet transit, not the Satellite
downlink station.

Please advise.
Re: starlink downlink/internet access [ In reply to ]
I maintain an email list for issues specific to starlink here:
https://lists.bufferbloat.net which has multiple experts on it. There
are also quite a few folk on twitter covering what's going on there.

The latest information I had was that they'd started off hooked up to
google's stuff but have been building out their own network wherever
they can.

--
This song goes out to all the folk that thought Stadia would work:
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/dtaht_the-mushroom-song-activity-6981366665607352320-FXtz
Re: starlink downlink/internet access [ In reply to ]
I can say with certainty at least one downlink location is not using Google
Fiber, as I am sitting about 1/2 mile from it , and have firsthand
knowledge of all glass in the ground around here.

Re: starlink downlink/internet access [ In reply to ]
Starlink has nothing to do with Google Fiber. It used to use Google Cloud
for routing (BYOIP) in the early days but I am sure this has changed.

Eric

Re: starlink downlink/internet access [ In reply to ]
Here's their new stuff:

https://bgp.he.net/AS14593

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

Re: starlink downlink/internet access [ In reply to ]
AS14593 is not new, they joined the SIX 3+ years ago, from an
outside-of-spacex view they have just recently within the past 12 months
started putting it into more widespread use.

Re: starlink downlink/internet access [ In reply to ]
"they have just recently within the past 12 months started putting it into more widespread use"

That's a pretty good definition of new.

-----