Mailing List Archive

Re: Alternative Re: ipv4/25s and above Re: 202211240353.AYC
Dear Mathew:

0) Appreciate very much for your professionalism. Technical discussions
over cyberspace like this are very challenging because the lack of
instant feedback. One person could write a long essay without knowing
that it is already off the track. Compounded with not knowing the other
person's background, knowledge, current situation, etc., it takes some
effort to zero into the essence for synchronizing the two parties. I am
glad for your patience and persistence in drilling into the topic of
your concern and pressing me for the answer. This is the only way to
move forward.

1) From what you detailed, I believe that I now know the gap between us.
What I have been describing is EzIP's proposal of enhancing CG-NAT, not
deploying a brand new network. It is implicit that everything else in
the current CG-NAT shall not be touched. That is, simply replacing
100.64/10 netblock with 240/4 netblock will complete the first and key
step of the EzIP deployment. All of the existing CG-NAT configurations
and operations that you referred to are not to be disturbed.

2)  As to the "umbilical cord" versus "single point of failure",
"multi-homing" concerns, I was talking about EzIP from network
architectural point of view, which needs only one physical channel. This
does not prevent additional facilities for operational considerations
such as traffic volume, load balancing, reliability, redundancy, etc.
That is, it is implicit from the way that Pt. 1) is presented these are
not to be removed.

Hope this quick brief response brings us back on track. Let me know if
the above makes sense. Then, I will work on other topics.

Regards,

Abe (2022-11-24 04:41 EST)