NO_EXPORT setting.

My assumption was transparency, so the prefixes would be forwarded unchanged,
including the NO_EXPORT community attached.

It would be nice to hear directly from Equinix, of course, but if anybody on
this list has hard knowledge of this, please share, so that I can take the
appropriate measures...

Thanks in advance,
Elmar.
Re: Equinix routeservers (MLPE) behavior c/f no_export [ In reply to ]
Hi Elmar,

it seems to be a not completely agreed/standardised question.

https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7947#section-2.2.4

The BGP Communities [RFC1997] and Extended Communities [RFC4360]
attributes are intended for labeling information carried in BGP
UPDATE messages. Transitive as well as non-transitive Communities
attributes applied to an NLRI UPDATE sent to a route server SHOULD
NOT be modified, processed, or removed, except as defined by local
policy. If a Communities attribute is intended for processing by the
route server itself, as determined by local policy, it MAY be
modified or removed.

and
https://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/route-servers/#rfc1997-passthru
has some more background.

Hi Nick!

Frank

Re: Equinix routeservers (MLPE) behavior c/f no_export [ In reply to ]
Re Frank, thanks for the quickie,

geier@geier.ne.tz (Frank Habicht) wrote:

> it seems to be a not completely agreed/standardised question.

> https://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7947#section-2.2.4
[...]
> https://docs.ixpmanager.org/features/route-servers/#rfc1997-passthru
[...]

Yeah, I know... I just don't know what Equinix actually does.
As said before, I assumed transparency (==passthru).

Any hard experience info would be helpful here :-)

Thanks again,
Elmar.