google.com due to the SSL error.

Thanks

Mark
Re: Google.com SSL cert issues [ In reply to ]
I am able to access google.com without any issues.

Re: Google.com SSL cert issues [ In reply to ]
Malware bytes is blocking all google properties as of 30 min ago.

---
~Randy (K6RP)

Re: Google.com SSL cert issues [ In reply to ]
That is it, malware bytes is on a few of these server.

Thanks to all who chimed in!!!

Mark

Re: Google.com SSL cert issues [ In reply to ]
Mark Stevens <manager@monmouth.com> wrote:
> Is anyone else getting the following error when trying to access any of
> google's services?
> SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG

Isn't this usually a sign of a protocol mismatch?
I.e., TLS 1.3 vs TLS 1.2.

My money would be a MitM / middlebox / proxy that
messed up when your client tried to talk 1.3 to
Google, but the middlebox can't talk 1.3 and tried to
downgrade or something like that.

-Jan
Re: Google.com SSL cert issues [ In reply to ]
Jan Schaumann via NANOG writes:

> Mark Stevens <manager@monmouth.com> wrote:
> > Is anyone else getting the following error when trying to access any of
> > google's services?
> > SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG
>
> Isn't this usually a sign of a protocol mismatch?
> I.e., TLS 1.3 vs TLS 1.2.

The most common protocol mismatch that causes this is speaking HTTPS to
an HTTP port. For instance, you can see this error at normal times with
URLs like

https://google.com:80/
https://example.com:80/

If you get some misconfiguration where port 443 is speaking HTTP instead
of HTTPS, you'll see the same error.