Mailing List Archive

Experiences with operational cost increases
Friends,

Like many of you I'm sure, I'm seeing an irregular rise in prices for a
variety of network services (e.g., IP addresses, connectivity, remote
hands, hosting). The increases seem to be most common and pronounced
in and around the European region thus far. I'm not here to talk about
fundamental causes of what is being attributed to inflationary
pressures.

Rather, I'm curious how, what it any, effect it has had on net
operations generally. I'm not sure if there are network graphs
that can visualize these changing market conditions, but if this is
changing what you do and how your network is operating, what would go
in your lightning talk?

And yes, you should consider submitting one for the upcoming NANOG if
you have something measurable or insightful to say about it.

John