Mailing List Archive

Samsung too?
I tried to place some new IP space under 4.10 ARIN into service and there's some Samsung thing that doesn't work now per customer reports so I moved people back out, so if there's someone who knows about that I'd also appreciate a ping.

Sent via RFC1925 compliant device
On Sep 17, 2022, at 2:34 PM, Christopher Munz-Michielin <christopher@ve7alb.ca> wrote:

?

Thanks for the link, I did actually check out the links on that page and they all seem to return the correct geoip. I didn't see any specific contacts for Level3, unless I missed it?

Someone did reach out to me off-list, so fingers crossed they can get it resolved.

On 2022-09-15 14:19, Josh Luthman wrote:
Did you check these services?
https://thebrotherswisp.com/index.php/geo-and-vpn/"]https://thebrotherswisp.com/index.php/geo-and-vpn/

On Wed, Sep 14, 2022 at 6:34 PM Christopher Munz-Michielin <christopher@ve7alb.ca> wrote:
Hey All,

For my dayjob I help run an Anycast DNS network and we've recently had
complaints from our users in the APAC region that sites using Level 3's
CDN have poor performance. Upon looking into this, it seems that they
(Level 3) have incorrect geolocation data for some of our Singapore
servers and are returning IPs for CDN servers in Australia. I've
validated the WHOIS information for the blocks in question is correct,
and every GeoIP site I check against comes back as Singapore, so this
must be some internal database.

I've tried emailing the whois contact, as well as the technical contact
for the domain http://footprint.net"]footprint.net but have yet to receive a response. Wonder
if anyone else has been able to get in touch with the CDN people at Level 3?

Cheers!
Chris