Mailing List Archive

SAFNOG-7: 10 Days to Go! Register Now to Attend
Hello all.

With 10 days to go to the 7th edition of SAFNOG, we are delighted, and
excited, to welcome you all to sunny and vibrant Cape Town, where we can
all see each other after 2 years of social distancing.

We have put together a very exciting program that covers a number of
new, trending, thoughtful, operational and technical topics from within
our community. Here are some key highlights:

* The arrival of the new Equiano cable system, and what it means for
the region, presented by Jonathan Davidson, Google.

* A keynote on how value within the telecommunications space is
shifting, and what the modern telco may need to look like for the
future, by Edgar Kasenene, IDEX.

* A panel on what the ongoing semi conductor shortages are doing to
the industry, represented by vendors, operators and distributors,
and hosted by yours truly.

* The new paradigm in submarine cable design, using SDM (Spatial
Division Multiplexing), presented by Alan Hollander, Infinera.

* ... and a whole lot more!

Check out the full agenda here:

https://safnog.org/event/agenda.html

If you haven't yet, please register to attend, and also book your hotel
accommodation using SAFNOG's preferred rate, at:

https://safnog.org/

The Day 1 social will be Beers For Peers, hosted by NAPAfrica.

The Day 2 social will be hosted by Iris Network Systems.

If you have any questions, please send an e-mail to:

    secretariat at safnog dot org

We look forward to seeing you in Cape Town.

Happy travels!

Mark.
Re: SAFNOG-7: 3 Days to Go! Register Now to Attend [ In reply to ]
Hello all.

With just 3 days to go, we are all very excited to see you in Cape Town,
next Tuesday.

Please refer to the highlights below for next week's meeting.

The Day 1 social - NAPAfrica's Beers for Peers - is now open for
registration. Please do so here so you can reserve your place early
enough. Entrance is free of charge:

https://www.teraco.co.za/events/beers-for-peers/

The Day 2 social will be held at the Grand Africa Cafe & Beach, in
Granger Bay. Tickets to attend will be provided to registered
participants, at the conference venue. Entrance is free of charge:

https://grandafrica.com/grand-africa-cafe-beach/venue/grand-africa-cafe-beach-entire-venue-solo-use/

See you all soon, and happy travels :-).

Mark.