Sincerely,
Oskar Borgqvist
--
Oskar Borgqvist
CEO/Owner/Network Engineer
Mail: oskar@karabro.se
Tele: +46 406 68 80 96

Vi bygger broar mellan internet och människor
Re: Peering with Google and Microsoft [ In reply to ]
For Microsoft Peering you might need to create an Azure account. You can
find the how-to document below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/internet-peering/howto-exchange-portal

Re: Peering with Google and Microsoft [ In reply to ]
Hi Oskar,
for Google https://peering.google.com/#/options/peering

Regards,

-----

Marco Paesani

Skype: mpaesani
Mobile: +39 348 6019349
Success depends on the right choice !
Email: marco@paesani.it

Re: Peering with Google and Microsoft [ In reply to ]
Hi

Before I go on I need to clarify some details.

As for Microsoft, we have followed their guides and done what needs to
be done in Azure.
But we have had problems with certain parts (ASN Associate).
Therefore, we have tried to get hold of them via peering@microsoft.com
with no results.

We have received confirmation that the ASN has been verified.

So what I'm looking for is to get in touch with someone at Microsoft who
can help me with the peering.
Appreciate any help.

Sincerely,
Oskar Borgqvist

RE: [External] Peering with Google and Microsoft [ In reply to ]
Hi Oskar,

I’m in the exact same boat as you. To help clarify for the list.

When following the process for Google outlined at https://peering.google.com/#/options/peering we only receive a message stating:

“Thank you for requesting Internet Exchange (IX) peering with Google.

IX Peering requests are currently paused as we improve our automation systems to incorporate Internet Route Registry (IRR) based filtering into all IX BGP sessions.

During this time Google prefixes remains reachable on route servers at IXes which we are connected to. For a complete list of our global IX presence please visit our PeeringDB entry at https://www.peeringdb.com/asn/15169<https://gcc02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.peeringdb.com%2Fasn%2F15169&data=05%7C01%7Ctom.krenn%40hennepin.us%7Cef17bf40c8da40a4855108da78f2bfa3%7C8aefdf9f878046bf8fb74c924653a8be%7C0%7C0%7C637955281266383340%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=RtYmwmgk1GSZl7Tmj%2BEHIoE%2FMcw8%2FY70hDrKezzANHI%3D&reserved=0>

While we undergo our system improvements we request that you update your IRR entries to ensure your prefixes will be accepted by our filters.”

I think the question for the list is: Does anyone know when Google will start processing these requests again? It has been a very long time.

As for Microsoft, their process does seem to be very slow via the Azure portal.

Tom Krenn
Network Architect
Enterprise Architecture - Information Technology
Office: 612-596-8994
tom.krenn@hennepin.us<mailto:tom.krenn@hennepin.us> | hennepin.us<https://hennepin.us/>
Hennepin County Government Center
300 South 6th Street, A-190
Minneapolis, MN, 55487
[Hennepin County logo]
We have tried to get peering with Google but only get answers that they are making their peering system better. I have received this answer for over 1 year.
The reason why we needed peering to Google is that they do not send out exact prefixes over IXP RS, which means that our traffic from Sweden down to Germany and up again to Sweden again.
This has created a bit of a problem for us.

If anyone could help us with this it would be appreciated. Or can give an explanation.

Since then, we have also tried to get peering with Microsoft without success. We have tried to contact them via their peering email without success. Would appreciate help here as well.

Sincerely,
Oskar Borgqvist
--

Oskar Borgqvist
CEO/Owner/Network Engineer
Mail: oskar@karabro.se<mailto:oskar@karabro.se>
Tele: +46 406 68 80 96
[https://karabro.se/karabro_loga.png]
Vi bygger broar mellan internet och människor
***CAUTION: This email was sent from outside of Hennepin County. Unless you recognize the sender and know the content, do not click links or open attachments.***

Disclaimer: If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please immediately notify the sender of the transmission error and then promptly permanently delete this message from your computer system.
Re: [External] Peering with Google and Microsoft [ In reply to ]
Hi Tom and Oskar,

Thanks for surfacing this. We are indeed continuing to pause IX peering as
we work to implement IRR filtering on our peering to increase the
reliability of Google. This is a very active area of development and a high
priority for Google. As we understand that this has been the case for quite
some time, we hope to share an update with the community in the future.

Meanwhile if you have questions on Google's IRR based filtering we have
some information on our help center:
https://support.google.com/interconnect/answer/9368848?hl=en&ref_topic=9326690

Thanks,
Dave