Mailing List Archive

Re: [Mailman List] Strange behavior on the Juniper MX240
Ok Mark thank you for the suggestion we are currently running on the
RE-S-1300 i am trying to check if juniper docs as the list of the DPCE with
the I-Chip but not able to find it yet if you know DPCE model number let me
know for it

Re: [Mailman List] Strange behavior on the Juniper MX240 [ In reply to ]
On 5/5/22 17:24, Nehul Patel wrote:

> Ok Mark thank you for the suggestion we are currently running on the
> RE-S-1300 i am trying to check if juniper docs as the list of the DPCE
> with the I-Chip but not able to find it yet if you know DPCE model
> number let me know for it

If memory serves, I believe the DPC used I-chip for Layer 3, and EZ-chip
for Layer 2 (Ethernet framing + MAC look-up).

Someone with a longer memory may need to chime in.

Mark.
Re: [Mailman List] Strange behavior on the Juniper MX240 [ In reply to ]
ok mark got it currently we are using the following DPCE Cards

DPCE-R-4XGE-XFP
DPCE-R-Q-4XGE-XFP

When we tried using the command set chassis memory-enhanced route on the
current Junos version 10.4 it says the command is not supported

so we will need to upgrade the Junos to the newer version in order to try
above command of it.

On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 11:55 AM Mark Tinka via NANOG <

Re: [Mailman List] Strange behavior on the Juniper MX240 [ In reply to ]
On 5/5/22 21:48, Nehul Patel wrote:

> ok mark got it currently we are using the following DPCE Cards
>
> DPCE-R-4XGE-XFP
> DPCE-R-Q-4XGE-XFP
>
> When we tried using the command set chassis memory-enhanced route on
> the current Junos version 10.4 it says the command is not supported
>
> so we will need to upgrade the Junos to the newer version in order to
> try above command of it.

Odd, as this said it came alive in Junos 10.4:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/junos-overview/topics/ref/statement/memory-enhanced-edit-chassis.html

Mark.
Re: [Mailman List] Strange behavior on the Juniper MX240 [ In reply to ]
Yes Mark it is odd

On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 10:09 PM Mark Tinka via NANOG <

Re: [Mailman List] Strange behavior on the Juniper MX240 [ In reply to ]
It should be "set chassis route-memory-enhanced" for Junos Version 10.4 - "memory-enhanced" was introduced from version 11.2

Start working on your hardware upgrade plan, this is just a work-around to keep you going but consider getting some capable, REs, SCBs, MPCs and perhaps HC PSUs etc

Regards
Paschal Masha | Engineering
Skype ID: paschal.masha

Odd, as this said it came alive in Junos 10.4:
[ https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/junos-overview/topics/ref/statement/memory-enhanced-edit-chassis.html | juniper.net ]
[ https://www.juniper.net/documentation/us/en/software/junos/junos-overview/topics/ref/statement/memory-enhanced-edit-chassis.html | memory-enhanced | Junos OS | Juniper Networks ]

[ https://community.nanog.org/t/strange-behavior-on-the-juniper-mx240/55213/27 | Visit Topic ] to respond.