I don't trust myself with Google to avoid snake oil in my search :-).

All help appreciated. Thanks.

Mark.
(Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
Hi all.

I haven't been in the space in yonks, but I'm having to look into it for
an acquisition.

What's the latest on front-end panels for RADIUS, specifically, FreeRADIUS?

I fumbled around with Daloradius some years back, but mainly to manage
some pfSense captive portals for guest wi-fi VLAN's at the office.

I found these chaps who make some basic comparisons between themselves
and what is out there:

    https://www.cloudradius.com/is-there-a-freeradius-gui/

Grateful to get feedback, on- and off-list, about what folk are doing
with this tech. nowadays. Enterpri$e options are welcome too, but
essentially, we are just looking for an easy on-premise (no cloud,
please; I consider RADIUS critical network infrastructure) pretty GUI
system that can make the engineers, NOC, provisioning and billing teams
happy; and especially, the customers, of course.

Re: (Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
it's a bit more than just freeradius, but PacketFense is no-bs GPL software
to do this, among much more.

I think it'd definitely do what you're looking to do

--Neil

Re: (Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
and I need more coffee... PacketFenCe

*sigh*

https://www.packetfence.org/

Re: (Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
+1 for Packetfence, was just typing up a reply about it. I've used it for
both standard dot1x as well as guest wired/wireless.

Re: (Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
It’s a very large hammer for the small nut you have to crack, but Zentyal (https://zentyal.com/community/) is worth a look. It’s a complete Linux OS that aims to provide a compatible alternative to MS Active Directory. FreeRadius is a component and, from what I remember, the GUI was excellent.

Phil

Re: (Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
Hi Mark,

DMA Radius manager[1] runs freeradius in its backend and it does have nice
frontend controls with lots of plug and play options.

Regards
[1] https://dmasoftlab.com/
Sent from my mobile
Kindly excuse brevity and typos
Every word has consequences.
Every silence does too!

Re: (Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
On 9/17/21 19:25, Neil Hanlon wrote:
> and I need more coffee... PacketFenCe
>
> *sigh*
>
> https://www.packetfence.org/ <https://www.packetfence.org/>

Thanks, Neil.

Let me reach out.

Mark.
Re: (Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
On 9/17/21 19:26, Tyler Conrad wrote:
> +1 for Packetfence, was just typing up a reply about it. I've used it
> for both standard dot1x as well as guest wired/wireless.

Thanks, Tyler.

My use-case is really for broadband subscriber management. Let me ping
them and see what we can work out.

Mark.
Re: (Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
On 9/17/21 19:36, Phil Lavin wrote:

> It’s a very large hammer for the small nut you have to crack, but
> Zentyal (https://zentyal.com/community/
> <https://zentyal.com/community/>) is worth a look. It’s a complete
> Linux OS that aims to provide a compatible alternative to MS Active
> Directory. FreeRadius is a component and, from what I remember, the
> GUI was excellent.

Yeah, this looks like quite the conglomerate of a package :-).

I'll check it out either way. Thank you so much, Phil.

Mark.
Re: (Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
On 9/17/21 23:20, Seun Ojedeji wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> DMA Radius manager[1] runs freeradius in its backend and it does have
> nice frontend controls with lots of plug and play options.
>
> Regards
> [1] https://dmasoftlab.com/ <https://dmasoftlab.com/>

Thanks, Seun.

This looks very good.

Mark.
RE: (Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
Splynx is a commercial product designed to be an entire package for running an ISP, including billing etc. It uses FreeRadius in the backend which chains into their own RADIUS system. Integration for MikroTik routers is very extensive, but we have had it working with a variety of other BNGs too including Cisco and Linux-based systems. You can add in RADIUS dictionaries and customise the router profiles via the GUI to send whatever VSAs you require, including for COA. The APIs on it are extensive, making automation of service provisioning relatively easy. The IPAM in it is fairly basic, primarily ensuring that you don't re-use IPs between multiple services. IPv6 support is included, but primarily for IPv6-PD rather than interface IPs, however I have managed to get a BNG to assign an IPv4 address, an IPv6 interface address and IPv6-PD all from the Splynx profile. The accounting is ok, allowing you to apply bandwidth caps on users if required, including different speeds for different times of day.

www.splynx.com

Re: (Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
On 9/20/21 02:16, Philip Loenneker wrote:
> Splynx is a commercial product designed to be an entire package for running an ISP, including billing etc. It uses FreeRadius in the backend which chains into their own RADIUS system. Integration for MikroTik routers is very extensive, but we have had it working with a variety of other BNGs too including Cisco and Linux-based systems. You can add in RADIUS dictionaries and customise the router profiles via the GUI to send whatever VSAs you require, including for COA. The APIs on it are extensive, making automation of service provisioning relatively easy. The IPAM in it is fairly basic, primarily ensuring that you don't re-use IPs between multiple services. IPv6 support is included, but primarily for IPv6-PD rather than interface IPs, however I have managed to get a BNG to assign an IPv4 address, an IPv6 interface address and IPv6-PD all from the Splynx profile. The accounting is ok, allowing you to apply bandwidth caps on users if required, including different speeds for different times of day.
>
> www.splynx.com

Many thanks, Philip. Looks awesome!

Mark.
Re: (Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
For posterity, finally went with Splynx.

Really awesome product, covering not only RADIUS but also CRM, billing,
invoicing, remote integration, e.t.c.

Just in case anyone else ends up having the same requirement.

Mark.

Re: (Free)RADIUS Front-End [ In reply to ]
I have also developed Free Radius based AAA (Authentication , Authorisation and Accounting) solution , and we have replaced Cisco ISE with our in-house developed product.
More than 30K clients are getting authenticated and managed through this portal.

In case, if anyone needs any help or suggestions in FR, then feel free to connect.

Thanks,
Gaurav Kansal