If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Drew
Re: Netflow collector that can forward flows to another collector based on various metrics. [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I don't know if pmacct has an API for it, but it can replicate netflow and also filter what it is
forwarding.
https://github.com/pmacct/pmacct/blob/master/QUICKSTART

Beginning line 2093

Kind regards
Karsten

Re: Netflow collector that can forward flows to another collector based on various metrics. [ In reply to ]
I've been using samplicator for a few years for this, it can be
configured to forward based on sender ip/net, but it does not have an
API. I'm using it because it's small, simple and does only one thing.

https://github.com/sleinen/samplicator

//JH

Re: Netflow collector that can forward flows to another collector based on various metrics. [ In reply to ]
Plixer Replicator will do this via REST API is you are looking for a
commercial solution.
If you’re looking for a free solution, Samplicator will do this via config
file.
Neither is a “collector” as neither stores the flows. They simply
forward/copy UDP streams based on a set policy. It sounds like this is what
you are after.

(Full disclosure I works for Plixer)

Mike Krygeris

Re: Netflow collector that can forward flows to another collector based on various metrics. [ In reply to ]
You might try the SiLK offering from Carnegie-Mellon's CERT team. A
netflow/sflow collector with full tool suite.

Very robust, fast and free.

https://tools.netsa.cert.org/silk

Re: Netflow collector that can forward flows to another collector based on various metrics. [ In reply to ]
Speaking as the maintainer of samplicator, I'm not sure it's what Drew
is looking for.

Samplicator just sends copies of entire UDP packets. It doesn't
understand NetFlow/IPFIX or whatever else those packets might contain.

If I understand correctly, drew wants to forward some of the
NetFlow/IPFIX flows, based on source/destination addresses *within those
flows*. Samplicator cannot do that (by a long shot).

pmacct sounds like a good suggestion.

(I used to have a Lisp program that could also do this, and adding an
API would have been trivial... but the program has been decommissioned
recently after >20 years of service. Also I never got around to
cleaning that up so that I could distribute the source. :-)
--
Simon.