Mailing List Archive

What's New at NANOG: Latest Interview, Webinars, N80 Spotlight, and more!
*“We must always seek to continually learn and better ourselves, and remain
humble in the process.” *

Cat Gurinsky is hard to miss — even at a crowded NANOG conference. With her
vibrant hair, welcoming smile, and a willingness to share her wealth of
knowledge, she's the kind of person you immediately notice, and think,
"That's someone I definitely want to know."

We recently caught up with Cat — Senior Network Engineer at Apple + Vice
Chair of the NANOG Program Committee — about her career path as a woman in
tech, and how she's paying her own positive experiences forward, via
mentorship, teaching, and community service.

Read the Feature <https://nanog.org/stories/paying-it-forward/>

*Still time to register for today's webinar!*

Students + educators: be sure to join us today (11am PST / 2pm EST) for a
panel discussion on career opportunities in network engineering, and
virtually connect + engage with members of our community from Akamai
Technologies, Amazon, Microsoft, and Netflix.

Registration is free + open to all. We hope to see you there!

Learn More <https://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog-u-webinars/>

*NANOG 80 Spotlight: “Starting a Telephone Company in 2019, or How I Built
Fiber to My Neighbors.”*

NANOG 80 Virtual may be over, but the hours of archived talks + tutorials,
keynotes + panels are just waiting to be explored!

First up on our list of must-watch presentations from the conference? Jared
Mauch's talk, which details his journey from homeowner to a regulated
competitive access provider, while working to provide Internet access to
his neighbors.

Watch Now
<https://nanog.org/news-stories/nanog-tv/nanog-80-webcast/starting-a-telephone-company/>

*Bring your research + ideas to life*

Given by many of the industry’s top minds, presentations at NANOG are meant
to spark the imagination, encourage dialogue, and drive new solutions to
our greatest networking challenges.

Interested in sharing your insights at a future NANOG meeting? The NANOG
Program Committee accepts proposals on a rolling basis, and would love to
see yours!

Key Dates:

- CFP is OPEN for NANOG 81, 82 and 83
- NANOG 81 presentation slides due: 12/14/2021
- NANOG 81 topics list and highlights posted: 1/11/2021

Learn More <https://www.nanog.org/participate/call-presentations/>