location, They reference that it is part of a larger geo-location
problem with YoutubeTV, and it's been sent to engineering.  For 2 months
Engineering has been 'working on a fix' with no ETA.

Anyone know what this massive geo-location issue is that they reference,
and when it will be fixed?  Other subnets are locating correction, just
this one /24, that's part of a larger block I've had for 20 years.

Nate Burke
Blast Communications
Re: Youtube TV Location error. Google Confirms issue but can't fix. [ In reply to ]
Did you try this? https://support.google.com/websearch/workflow/9308722

Josh Luthman
24/7 Help Desk: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

Re: Youtube TV Location error. Google Confirms issue but can't fix. [ In reply to ]
YouTubeTV does better geolocation if the network connection is WiFi. In
that case, geolocation can reference the WiFi database that Google scrapes
when they take the Streetview video.

Dave

--
David Devereaux-Weber
ddevereauxweber@gmail.com
Re: Youtube TV Location error. Google Confirms issue but can't fix. [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 3:19 PM Josh Luthman <josh@imaginenetworksllc.com> wrote:

> Did you try this? https://support.google.com/websearch/workflow/9308722

Also, do you publish an RFC8805 style Geofeed?
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc8805/). If so, have you added it
to https://isp.google.com ?

> Josh Luthman
> 24/7 Help Desk: 937-552-2340
> Direct: 937-552-2343
> 1100 Wayne St
> Suite 1337
> Troy, OH 45373
>

> On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 2:01 PM Nate Burke <nate@blastcomm.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anyone here from the Youtube TV side of Google? I've had a ticket open
>> for 2 months on one of my /24 subnets getting the wrong City location.
>> Every ticket reply from Google confirms that they see the incorrect
>> location, They reference that it is part of a larger geo-location
>> problem with YoutubeTV, and it's been sent to engineering. For 2 months
>> Engineering has been 'working on a fix' with no ETA.
>>
>> Anyone know what this massive geo-location issue is that they reference,
>> and when it will be fixed? Other subnets are locating correction, just
>> this one /24, that's part of a larger block I've had for 20 years.
>>
>> Nate Burke
>> Blast Communications

idea in the first place.
of pants.