Mailing List Archive

Incorrect GeoIP filtering of 185.83.72.0/22
Hello,

We are reaching out to NANOG since the following issue is mostly observed
in US-based service providers.

We are advertising the prefix *185.83.72.0/22 <http://185.83.72.0/22>*,
that seems to be blocked by various popular US-based services, thus our
customers originating from this prefix have trouble reaching such services.
Indicatively:

Atlassian (AMAZON), Adobe (AKAMAI) .

To the best of our understanding, the blocking is enforced due to US / EU
sanctions against Iran. The prefix was purchased by us - Lamda Hellix SA (
*AS56910* based in *GREECE, EUROPE* ) - approximately 8 months ago.

We followed the necessary process as instructed by RIPE for changing the
ownership of the prefix.

Therefore, we kindly ask those of you that use/maintain/operate GeoIP
databases to update your records.

Most importantly, we would be grateful if you could share with us (
net@lamdahellix.com) which Geo databases are mainly used in the US for this
purpose.

Kind regards,

Adam Pavlidis
Re: Incorrect GeoIP filtering of 185.83.72.0/22 [ In reply to ]
Adam,

ip2location.com has that IP block listed as "(DCH) Data Center/Web Hosting/Transit” which we’ve seen cause issues for residential users in the past, most notably on Cogent IP space.

We worked with support@ip2location.com to have the address block re-analyzed and updated to "(ISP) Fixed Line ISP” which resolved many of the issues users had accessing various streaming CDN services.

HTH

Re: Incorrect GeoIP filtering of 185.83.72.0/22 [ In reply to ]
http://thebrotherswisp.com/index.php/geo-and-vpn/

If you find anything not on our list let me know