Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP
Re: Cogent Layer 2 [ In reply to ]
I had a discussion with them about a point to point circuit last year and ran into some weirdness around how burstable it would be for specific IP to IP streams as our use case was cheap circuit / high speed data replication between given endpoints. The sales rep was suggesting to me that I’d see specific source/destination IP pairs capped at 2gbps regardless of circuit speed, which suggested to me it was not actually a point to point wave but some type of encapsulated service. We didn’t get into whether it was usable for non-IP, etc.