Thanks

Regards,
Blažej Kraj?ák
Re: BGP full feed for testing purposes [ In reply to ]
Set up a Vultr instance and you can get a full feed from them for testing.
I've done this for a route collector and it worked well.

Re: BGP full feed for testing purposes [ In reply to ]
Greg Sowell helps you out here:

http://gregsowell.com/?page_id=5771

Josh Luthman
Office: 937-552-2340
Direct: 937-552-2343
1100 Wayne St
Suite 1337
Troy, OH 45373

Re: BGP full feed for testing purposes [ In reply to ]
You can also launch a VM in your lab
https://stubarea51.net/2016/01/21/put-500000-bgp-routes-in-your-lab-network-download-this-vm-and-become-your-own-upstream-bgp-isp-for-testing/

Re: BGP full feed for testing purposes [ In reply to ]
…or you can do next best thing. Which is use AS 65001 and connect your router to AS 65000 under 94.246.173.181.

Please note that’s just test instance, and it has conservative timers (3600/7200) to not overtax CPU.

It’s test instance of CSR 1000v running 16.9.5.

If there’ll be interest, I can setup similar box with IOS-XR and/or with IPv6.

--
?ukasz Bromirski
CCIE R&S/SP #15929, CCDE #2012::17, PGP Key ID: 0xFD077F6A

Re: BGP full feed for testing purposes [ In reply to ]
Ah, one more thing:

> On 5 Aug 2020, at 20:01, ?ukasz Bromirski <lukasz@bromirski.net> wrote:
>

> …or you can do next best thing. Which is use AS 65001 and connect your router to AS 65000 under 94.246.173.181.
>
> Please note that’s just test instance, and it has conservative timers (3600/7200) to not overtax CPU.
>
> It’s test instance of CSR 1000v running 16.9.5.
>
> If there’ll be interest, I can setup similar box with IOS-XR and/or with IPv6.

This is European feed from Poland, so YMMV, but it has 816,090 prefixes as we speak.

Don’t kill me if it kills your router ;)

./
Re: BGP full feed for testing purposes [ In reply to ]
Hi Lukasz,

your feed is working well. Feed from Poland to me to Slovakia is better
than expected :) It's my first live BGP full feed ever so I really
appreciate you.
Will this instance run for a longer time?

btw:
- converting RIS data via mrt2exabgp looks to be broken, it's falling on
syntax error in source data. With routeviews.org data it's working but
exabgp is single-thread (convergence takes some time) and use much more
RAM to start with full feed config than I excepcted.
- from gregsowell.com I received email with access credentials, however
L2TP tunnel establishment is falling due to authentication error - looks
like bug

Thanks to everyone
Blažej

D?a 2020-08-05 20:04 ?ukasz Bromirski napísal(a):

Re: BGP full feed for testing purposes [ In reply to ]
Sorry, it wasn't a bug; we had power issues at our DC a few days ago and
everything didn't come back up clean *sigh*. Please test again when you
have a moment.

Thanks,
Greg

--
--------------------------------
GregSowell.com
Re: BGP full feed for testing purposes [ In reply to ]
Blazej,

> On 5 Aug 2020, at 23:13, Blažej Kraj?ák <krajnak@levonet.sk> wrote:
>
> Hi Lukasz,
>
> your feed is working well. Feed from Poland to me to Slovakia is better than expected :) It's my first live BGP full feed ever so I really appreciate you.
> Will this instance run for a longer time?

Yep. I have no reasons to drop it.

Right now I have like 5 to 10 sessions in peak, most people come, get feed,
reset session couple of times and go away.

I’m finishing writing some short ‘howto’ style doc to explain how to use
this feed for egress traffic engineering when you have multiple ISPs and
no BGP with them.

./