Mailing List Archive

Fastly Peering Contact
Anyone have a contact at Fastly they could send me offline? I've been trying to get something established since March and I haven't heard anything at all. I'm concerned maybe my email isn't reaching anyone.

Thanks

--
Chad Sorrell
Network Architect
Intelligent Fiber Network
Re: Fastly Peering Contact [ In reply to ]
Hi Chad! I'll follow up on this with you directly.

Ryan @ Fastly

Re: Fastly Peering Contact [ In reply to ]
https://twitter.com/ryan505/status/1196499414443077638

^^ For anyone who's needing urgency, feel free to reach out to me directly.
We're working on some automation on this front, but in the meantime...

Re: Fastly Peering Contact [ In reply to ]
Hi Dustin, others,

Sure thing! Someone from the Fastly peering team will follow up with you
off-list.

Information about peering with Fastly: https://www.peeringdb.com/asn/54113
and https://www.fastly.com/peering/

Kind regards,

Job

Re: Fastly Peering Contact [ In reply to ]
Hi Peter,

Sorry you didn't get a response.

I only just started at Fastly, but I can look / nudge the right person if you drop me an e-mail off-list with details.

Ian

Re: Fastly Peering Contact [ In reply to ]
Me too. Fastly has been promising me peering every year for the past five years.

They are just a few cabinets over, so it has been pretty frustrating.

Tom

Sent from my iPad

Re: Fastly Peering Contact [ In reply to ]
We have sent them some inquiries in markets we are with no reply. Just figured they weren’t interested.

Justin Wilson
j2sw@mtin.net
justin@fd-ix.com
Https://www.fdi-ix.com

Re: Fastly Peering Contact [ In reply to ]
Hi folks - former Fastly VP here.

I've flagged this thread to my past colleagues who may not be on the list.
Generally speaking, most routes from AS54113 were always available on any
given IXP route-servers. Some additional anycast routes can be announced
selectively via communities. Respecting the selective peering policy -
bi-lats are provided for somewhat bigger traffic peers, and then of course
PNI's for the really big stuff. Some of this depends on serving capacity at
any given POP.

Certainly, "big" is subjective, as is "worth it". Nevertheless, there was
(and I'm sure still is) mutual performance and cost incentive to peer
everywhere that it makes sense, and where technically feasible to do so.

Hope you all get a reply in short order.

Cheers,
Ryan

Disclaimer: things may have changed - my message here is not authoritative
on current policy posture. I am not replying on Fastly's behalf.