Mailing List Archive

* NACR FYI: Fake ASs
Dear Regional Techs:

As has been announced in the "Additions to the NSFNET policy-based
routing database" messages, we now are in a position where we have to
use:

<metric>:<AS>(<NSS>)

in the "aslist" of NACRs, due to the removal of "fake" ASs for Alternet,
CA*net, DSI, ESnet.

The change affects NACRs which you would have submitted with aslists
containg these ASs:

60 or 274 (DSI)
291, 293 (ESnet)
601, 602, 603 (CA*net)
701, 702 (Alternet)

The following table shows which ASs correspond to the above ASs, and how
the AS should be identified in aslists in NACRs (and in Merit reports):

Old AS New AS in aslist
====== ====== =========
60 2699 2699(144)
274 2699 2699(145)

291 293 293(144)
293 293 293(145)

601 577 577(133)
602 577 577(143)
603 577 577(137)

701 701 701(136)
702 701 701(134)

[.In the very near future, we will also have BARRnet set up this way:

200 200 200(128)
201 200 200(144)

Until we notify this list, please continue to use ASs 200 and 201.]

Thanks for your help,

Steve Richardson/Merit