Sincerely,

--
Mark Keymer
Re: Possible DNS issues at Networksolutions aka WORLDNIC.COM? [ In reply to ]
Yes I am seeing this also, getting calls from many clients that cant
resolve domains with netsol dns

chris

Re: Possible DNS issues at Networksolutions aka WORLDNIC.COM? [ In reply to ]
On 10/22/2013 9:59 AM, Mark Keymer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone else seeing resolving issues on WORLDNIC.COM DNS servers?
>
> Sincerely,

Yep. One of my clients domains seems to be gone.
Re: Possible DNS issues at Networksolutions aka WORLDNIC.COM? [ In reply to ]
I can also confirm that nearly all of the 'NSXX.WORLDNIC.COM' servers are
either slow to respond or down completely. I just posted this message to
the 'outages.org' mailing list:

Anyone else seeing massive DNS issues this morning, particularly with
Network Solutions' "hosted zone" servers?

langsam:~# whois carywiedemann.com | grep "Domain servers" -A 3
Domain servers in listed order:

NS43.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.190.22
NS44.WORLDNIC.COM 206.188.198.22

langsam:~# host carywiedemann.com 206.188.198.22

Seems to be affecting far more than just my personal domain:

langsam:~# whois blueridgenetworks.com | grep -A 3 "Domain servers"
Domain servers in listed order:

NS23.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.190.12
NS24.WORLDNIC.COM 206.188.198.12

langsam:~# host blueridgenetworks.com 206.188.198.12

langsam:~# whois blueridge.com | grep -A 3 "Domain servers"
Domain servers in listed order:

NS33.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.190.17
NS34.WORLDNIC.COM 206.188.198.17

langsam:~# host blueridge.com 206.188.198.17

I don't believe any of these NSXX.WORLDNIC.COM servers are anycasted... is
anyone else having trouble?

Not a peep out of their Twitter feed.

Thanks everyone.

- Cary Wiedemann

Re: Possible DNS issues at Networksolutions aka WORLDNIC.COM? [ In reply to ]
You can watch the trainwreck on twitter if you want to:
https://twitter.com/search?q=Network%20Solutions&src=typd

Re: Possible DNS issues at Networksolutions aka WORLDNIC.COM? [ In reply to ]
On 10/22/2013 10:10 AM, Roy wrote:
> On 10/22/2013 9:59 AM, Mark Keymer wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Anyone else seeing resolving issues on WORLDNIC.COM DNS servers?
>>
>> Sincerely,
>>

> Yep. One of my clients domains seems to be gone.

I am getting very slow responses from their DNS servers. Maybe a DDOS
against their DNS?
Re: Possible DNS issues at Networksolutions aka WORLDNIC.COM? [ In reply to ]
Recommend alternatives?

Re: Possible DNS issues at Networksolutions aka WORLDNIC.COM? [ In reply to ]
On 10/22/2013 9:59 AM, Mark Keymer wrote:
> Anyone else seeing resolving issues on WORLDNIC.COM DNS servers?

Yes. We started getting calls from customers with domains using
*.worldnic.com (i.e. Network Solutions) in the last 15 minutes or so.

-Bobby
Re: Possible DNS issues at Networksolutions aka WORLDNIC.COM? [ In reply to ]
I noticed Kaiser uses them, sites not resolving.. This should be a fun day for call centers :(

Re: Possible DNS issues at Networksolutions aka WORLDNIC.COM? [ In reply to ]
not doubting the call-center thing, but:

;; ANSWER SECTION:
kaiserpermanente.com. 86400 IN NS ea-dns14.kp.org.
kaiserpermanente.com. 86400 IN NS ea-dns36.kp.org.
kaiserpermanente.com. 86400 IN NS ea-dns25.kp.org.

;; ANSWER SECTION:
kaiser.com. 7200 IN NS ns65.worldnic.com.
kaiser.com. 7200 IN NS ns66.worldnic.com.

Registrant:
Kaiser Interests
338 Clayton St
Denver, CO 80220
US

Domain Name: KAISER.COM

Promote your business to millions of viewers for only $1 a month
Learn how you can get an Enhanced Business Listing here for your domain name.
Learn more at http://www.NetworkSolutions.com/

Administrative Contact:
Kaiser, Hal kaiser@KAISER.COM
435 CLAYTON ST
DENVER, CO 80206-4230
US

sure that's the kaiser you're looking for?

Re: Possible DNS issues at Networksolutions aka WORLDNIC.COM? [ In reply to ]
It's at least permanente.net which they use for some of their sites:

http://kp.org/mydoctor/denisearvay redirects to permanente.net

Oops! Google Chrome could not find www.permanente.net

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Sadayappan, Prince prince.i.sadayappan@kp.org
Kaiser Permanente
1800 Harrison st
Oakland, CA 94612
US
510-625-6996

Record expires on 12-Nov-2017.
Record created on 12-Nov-1999.
Database last updated on 22-Oct-2013 12:38:41 EDT.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS51.WORLDNIC.COM 205.178.190.26
NS52.WORLDNIC.COM 206.188.198.26

Re: Possible DNS issues at Networksolutions aka WORLDNIC.COM? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Steve Noble <snoble@sonn.com> wrote:
> It's at least permanente.net which they use for some of their sites:
>
> http://kp.org/mydoctor/denisearvay redirects to permanente.net

super awesome! why not use the infra they have for kp.org one wonders?
controlling your own destiny... over rated, they say.

Re: Possible DNS issues at Networksolutions aka WORLDNIC.COM? [ In reply to ]

plug for dyn .. http://dyn.com/dns/
Re: Possible DNS issues at Networksolutions aka WORLDNIC.COM? [ In reply to ]
Three DNS providers I trust:

http://www.neustar.biz/enterprise/dns-services

http://www.verisigninc.com/en_US/products-and-services/network-intelligence-availability/managed-dns/index.xhtml

http://www.akamai.com/html/solutions/enhanced_dns.html