Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: Atrivo/Intercage [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 19:39 -0700, Scott Weeks wrote:

> --- nenolod@systeminplace.net wrote:
> From: William Pitcock <nenolod@systeminplace.net>
>
> > I didn't whine.
>
> No, but others have, and it isn't helpful towards resolving this
> problem.
>

> I also wrote you that in private, but you decided to make it public without asking me. That type of action makes your position less valid.

I apologize, I didn't notice that it was private.

William
RE: Atrivo/Intercage [ In reply to ]
> It could be argued (since _is_ the North American Network
> Operators Group) that pushing this sort of criminal activity
> _out_ of North America is a good First Step.... to be able to
> better manage the situation.

It could also be argued that pushing this activity into multiple
legal jurisdictions just makes it darn near impossible for law
enforcement to take any action.

--Michael Dillon
Re: Atrivo/Intercage [ In reply to ]
michael.dillon@bt.com writes:

> It could also be argued that pushing this activity into multiple
> legal jurisdictions just makes it darn near impossible for law
> enforcement to take any action.

and you'd be able to measure this exactly how? instead of two
prosecutions a year that lead to plea bargains or short stints
in "camp fed", we'd have even fewer prosecutions with even
lighter sentences? and that's a bad thing exactly why?

let's push this stuff back into the nation-states who sponsor it
and then use treaties to wall it off inside those places.
--
Paul Vixie

1 2  View All