don't want to disable it completely because I use it for movies and TV
shows.

I have a folder with video courses and some of them contain a lot of
videos. When I do a "scan for changes" I'm getting tons of wrong
suggestions for these files which I need to click through one by one.

Is there a way to avoid this by puttion a file ".nolookup" or simaler in
this directory?

Thanks in advance

Re: [mythvideo] disable metadata lookup for certain directories [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 23 May 2023 12:47:01 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi list,
>
>is there a way to disable metadata lookup for certain directories? I
>don't want to disable it completely because I use it for movies and TV
>shows.
>
>I have a folder with video courses and some of them contain a lot of
>videos. When I do a "scan for changes" I'm getting tons of wrong
>suggestions for these files which I need to click through one by one.
>
>Is there a way to avoid this by puttion a file ".nolookup" or simaler in
>this directory?
>
>Thanks in advance

That is an option I would love to have also, for the same sort of
reasons, but I have never found MythTV to have a way of doing it.
Re: [mythvideo] disable metadata lookup for certain directories [ In reply to ]
> On Tue, 23 May 2023 12:47:01 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> Hi list,
>>
>> is there a way to disable metadata lookup for certain directories? I
>> don't want to disable it completely because I use it for movies and TV
>> shows.
>>
>> I have a folder with video courses and some of them contain a lot of
>> videos. When I do a "scan for changes" I'm getting tons of wrong
>> suggestions for these files which I need to click through one by one.
>>
>> Is there a way to avoid this by puttion a file ".nolookup" or simaler in
>> this directory?
>>
>> Thanks in advance
> That is an option I would love to have also, for the same sort of
> reasons, but I have never found MythTV to have a way of doing it.

I also have this problem. I normally use mythutil --scanvideos, and get
a lot of junk when it tries to look up music videos or test files.

Are you referring to the automatic lookup when scanning  for new videos
from mythfrontend, mythutil --scanvideos, or some other process?

Peter

Re: [mythvideo] disable metadata lookup for certain directories [ In reply to ]
>>Is there a way to avoid this by puttion a file ".nolookup" or simaler
>>in this directory?

>That is an option I would love to have also, for the same sort of reasons, but I have never found MythTV to have a way of doing it.

The easiest way would be to adapt "tmdb3.py" to check for ".nolookup" and return an empty result.

MythTV makes a lot of suggestions on the content type: movies, series, including the way how they are organized (Season/Episode).

As for example a parent directory contains a number it is interpreted as a series.
I modified the MythTV code to interpret specific directories on the content type, or even disable scraping. (actually I am only interested in Movie scraping, for series, documentary or learning videos, I want only the directory structure and no metadata).

MythTV already has storage groups, they should be enhanced with the content type, which scraper (or disable (and it should also allow personal scrapers)), and in case of series the directory structure to retrieve Season/Episodes.
Have a look at Kodi as an example for ideas how/what to implement: https://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources, see "Set Content".

Re: [mythvideo] disable metadata lookup for certain directories [ In reply to ]
On 23/05/2023 16:08, Peter Bennett wrote:
> Are you referring to the automatic lookup when scanning  for new
> videos from mythfrontend, mythutil --scanvideos, or some other process?

Hi Peter,

sorry for the direct email, but your email didn't have a Reply-To
header. So here it is again fot the list.

-----

I'm referring to the scan in the frontend. I guess as a workoround I
could run "mythutil --scanvideos" and fill the inetref column in the
videometadata table with zeroes if filename contains the folder afterwards.

But a better way would be to have something like .nolookup in the folder
or if it would be possible to disable metadatalookup per storagegroup.
Then I could put these videos in its own storagegroup.

Re: [mythvideo] disable metadata lookup for certain directories [ In reply to ]
On 5/24/23 04:39, Thomas Boehm wrote:
> On 23/05/2023 16:08, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> Are you referring to the automatic lookup when scanning  for new
>> videos from mythfrontend, mythutil --scanvideos, or some other process?
>
> Hi Peter,
>
> sorry for the direct email, but your email didn't have a Reply-To
> header. So here it is again fot the list.
>
> -----
>
> I'm referring to the scan in the frontend. I guess as a workoround I
> could run "mythutil --scanvideos" and fill the inetref column in the
> videometadata table with zeroes if filename contains the folder
> afterwards.
>
> But a better way would be to have something like .nolookup in the
> folder or if it would be possible to disable metadatalookup per
> storagegroup. Then I could put these videos in its own storagegroup.

AFAIK there is only one storage group for videos, i.e. "Videos".

I think that a per directory setting would make more sense. Please
create an issue (Feature Request) in MythTV at
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues and I will look into
implementing it.

Peter

Re: [mythvideo] disable metadata lookup for certain directories [ In reply to ]
Hoi Peter,

> On 5/24/23 04:39, Thomas Boehm wrote:
>> On 23/05/2023 16:08, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>> Are you referring to the automatic lookup when scanning  for new
>>> videos from mythfrontend, mythutil --scanvideos, or some other process?
>>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> sorry for the direct email, but your email didn't have a Reply-To
>> header. So here it is again fot the list.
>>
>> -----
>>
>> I'm referring to the scan in the frontend. I guess as a workoround I
>> could run "mythutil --scanvideos" and fill the inetref column in the
>> videometadata table with zeroes if filename contains the folder
>> afterwards.
>>
>> But a better way would be to have something like .nolookup in the
>> folder or if it would be possible to disable metadatalookup per
>> storagegroup. Then I could put these videos in its own storagegroup.
>>

> AFAIK there is only one storage group for videos, i.e. "Videos".

> I think that a per directory setting would make more sense. Please
> create an issue (Feature Request) in MythTV at
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues and I will look into
> implementing it.

> Peter

At present you have movies and series, how about adding a third group
say "private" with no metadata lookup to put everything else into?

Tot mails,
Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop
Het eeuwige dilemma

De lerende Mens

Re: [mythvideo] disable metadata lookup for certain directories [ In reply to ]
Hoi Hika,

Sunday, May 28, 2023, 4:18:38 AM, you wrote:

> Hoi Peter,

> Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 5:13:58 PM, you wrote:

>>> Hi Peter,
>>>
>>> sorry for the direct email, but your email didn't have a Reply-To
>>> header. So here it is again fot the list.
>>>
>>> -----
>>>
>>> I'm referring to the scan in the frontend. I guess as a workoround I
>>> could run "mythutil --scanvideos" and fill the inetref column in the
>>> videometadata table with zeroes if filename contains the folder
>>> afterwards.
>>>
>>> But a better way would be to have something like .nolookup in the
>>> folder or if it would be possible to disable metadatalookup per
>>> storagegroup. Then I could put these videos in its own storagegroup.
>>>

>> AFAIK there is only one storage group for videos, i.e. "Videos".

>> I think that a per directory setting would make more sense. Please
>> create an issue (Feature Request) in MythTV at
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues and I will look into
>> implementing it.

>> Peter

> At present you have movies and series, how about adding a third group
> say "private" with no metadata lookup to put everything else into?

Or an open ended number of configurable storage groups? With the
current two as a default start set?

Re: [mythvideo] disable metadata lookup for certain directories [ In reply to ]
> On 28 May 2023, at 10:32 am, Hika van den Hoven <hikavdh@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hoi Hika,
>
> Sunday, May 28, 2023, 4:18:38 AM, you wrote:
>
>> Hoi Peter,
>
>> Wednesday, May 24, 2023, 5:13:58 PM, you wrote:

>>> AFAIK there is only one storage group for videos, i.e. "Videos".
>
>>> I think that a per directory setting would make more sense. Please
>>> create an issue (Feature Request) in MythTV at
>>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues and I will look into
>>> implementing it.
>
>>> Peter
>
>> At present you have movies and series, how about adding a third group
>> say "private" with no metadata lookup to put everything else into?
>
> Or an open ended number of configurable storage groups? With the
> current two as a default start set?

Or Videos/mine contining .nolookup
Videos/ayes
Videos/bees
etc
James
Re: [mythvideo] disable metadata lookup for certain directories [ In reply to ]
On 24/05/2023 16:13, Peter Bennett wrote:

> On 5/24/23 04:39, Thomas Boehm wrote:
>> On 23/05/2023 16:08, Peter Bennett wrote:
>>> Are you referring to the automatic lookup when scanning  for new
>>> videos from mythfrontend, mythutil --scanvideos, or some other process?
>>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> sorry for the direct email, but your email didn't have a Reply-To
>> header. So here it is again fot the list.
>>
>> -----
>>
>> I'm referring to the scan in the frontend. I guess as a workoround I
>> could run "mythutil --scanvideos" and fill the inetref column in the
>> videometadata table with zeroes if filename contains the folder
>> afterwards.
>>
>> But a better way would be to have something like .nolookup in the
>> folder or if it would be possible to disable metadatalookup per
>> storagegroup. Then I could put these videos in its own storagegroup.
>>

> AFAIK there is only one storage group for videos, i.e. "Videos".

Yes, of course. I meant directories added to the videos storagegroup.

> I think that a per directory setting would make more sense. Please
> create an issue (Feature Request) in MythTV at
> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues and I will look into
> implementing it.

I just created a feature request.

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/757