Mailing List Archive

Need help getting Android mythfrontend themes
I'm having difficulties getting themes to download on android
mythfrontend.  After selecting a new theme, I get "Error: Downloading
theme package from master backend".  I refreshed downloadable themes,
then stepped through each theme.

The original three themes worked (list below), but all others had the
error.  Tried on a Walmart-ONN-streaming and Amazon Firestick, both
boxes have the same error.  Mythfrontend (on the mythtv-backend box)
works for all that I selected.  I tried both 32 and 64 bit versions on
the ONN box; then the 32 bit version on the Firestick.

Original three that worked:
MythCenter 1.6
MythCenter-wide 1.10
Terra 1.5

Version:
don@johnny:~$ sudo mythbackend --version
MythTV Version : v32.0+fixes.202301041904.417fcaed6e~ubuntu22.04.1
MythTV Branch : fixes/32
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 32.20200101-1
QT Version : 5.15.3

I'm pretty sure this worked on the previous version
(mythfrontend-20220929-arm-v33-Pre-903-gd21470bb3c.apk), but I've
changed lots of stuff since then.  Any suggestions on what to look for?

Don

Re: Need help getting Android mythfrontend themes [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 22, 2023 at 11:44 AM Donald Brett via mythtv-users <
mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:

> I'm having difficulties getting themes to download on android
> mythfrontend. After selecting a new theme, I get "Error: Downloading
> theme package from master backend". I refreshed downloadable themes,
> then stepped through each theme.
>
> The original three themes worked (list below), but all others had the
> error. Tried on a Walmart-ONN-streaming and Amazon Firestick, both
> boxes have the same error. Mythfrontend (on the mythtv-backend box)
> works for all that I selected. I tried both 32 and 64 bit versions on
> the ONN box; then the 32 bit version on the Firestick.
>
> Original three that worked:
> MythCenter 1.6
> MythCenter-wide 1.10
> Terra 1.5
>
> Version:
> don@johnny:~$ sudo mythbackend --version
> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
> MythTV Version : v32.0+fixes.202301041904.417fcaed6e~ubuntu22.04.1
> MythTV Branch : fixes/32
> Network Protocol : 91
> Library API : 32.20200101-1
> QT Version : 5.15.3
>
> I'm pretty sure this worked on the previous version
> (mythfrontend-20220929-arm-v33-Pre-903-gd21470bb3c.apk), but I've
> changed lots of stuff since then. Any suggestions on what to look for?
>
> Don

I have v32.0.60 on a firestick 4K and v32.0.68 on a Sony Google TV. Both
fail to download Themes. But for me the mythfrontend on Android has ceased
to work correctly. Lip sync problems and you can't skip forward without
having it go into rapid play mode.. Completely unusable. We use Leanfront
instead on all our Android devices. I've gotten used to the interface and
the picture has always been the best for OTA ATSC 1.0 MPEG2 content.

Jim A
Re: Need help getting Android mythfrontend themes [ In reply to ]
[...]

I seem to be having better luck (Version master (v33-pre924...), most everything that I can access is working; but the button-challenged remote limits things. We tried Leanfront a while back; things went pretty well, but had a rough time adjusting to the menu system.

Re: Need help getting Android mythfrontend themes [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 22, 2023, 6:30 PM Donald Brett via mythtv-users <
mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 22, 2023 at 11:44 AM Donald Brett via mythtv-users <
> mythtv-users@mythtv.org> wrote:
>

>> I'm having difficulties getting themes to download on android
>> mythfrontend. After selecting a new theme, I get "Error: Downloading
>> theme package from master backend". I refreshed downloadable themes,
>> then stepped through each theme.
>>
>> The original three themes worked (list below), but all others had the
>> error. Tried on a Walmart-ONN-streaming and Amazon Firestick, both
>> boxes have the same error. Mythfrontend (on the mythtv-backend box)
>> works for all that I selected. I tried both 32 and 64 bit versions on
>> the ONN box; then the 32 bit version on the Firestick.
>>
>> Original three that worked:
>> MythCenter 1.6
>> MythCenter-wide 1.10
>> Terra 1.5
>>
>> Version:
>> don@johnny:~$ sudo mythbackend --version
>> Please attach all output as a file in bug reports.
>> MythTV Version : v32.0+fixes.202301041904.417fcaed6e~ubuntu22.04.1
>> MythTV Branch : fixes/32
>> Network Protocol : 91
>> Library API : 32.20200101-1
>> QT Version : 5.15.3
>>
>> I'm pretty sure this worked on the previous version
>> (mythfrontend-20220929-arm-v33-Pre-903-gd21470bb3c.apk), but I've
>> changed lots of stuff since then. Any suggestions on what to look for?
>>
>> Don
>

> I have v32.0.60 on a firestick 4K and v32.0.68 on a Sony Google TV. Both
> fail to download Themes. But for me the mythfrontend on Android has ceased
> to work correctly. Lip sync problems and you can't skip forward without
> having it go into rapid play mode.. Completely unusable. We use Leanfront
> instead on all our Android devices. I've gotten used to the interface and
> the picture has always been the best for OTA ATSC 1.0 MPEG2 content.
>
> Jim A

I just finished checking out the latest Android Kodi 20 with
kodi-pvr-mythtv on a FireTV 4K stick and on a Google TV. On both devices
the playback was excellent. Maybe you'll find the Kodi interface better
for you than Leanfront. I've forced myself to get familiar with the
Leanfront interface and now it's second nature. I was surprised that my
wife adapted to it as well.

Jim A