Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: macosx [ In reply to ]
On 5/2/22 17:32, James wrote:

>> On 2 May 2022, at 6:01 pm, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com <mailto:john.hoyt@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> ansible-playbook-3.10 --extra-vars="ansible_python_interpreter=/opt/local/bin/python3.10 install_qtwebkit=true"  qt5.yml --ask-become-pass
>
> Just tried
>
>  ansible-playbook-3.10 --extra-vars="ansible_python_interpreter=/opt/local/bin/python3.10 install_qtwebkit=true"  qt5.yml --ask-become-pass -i
> hosts
>
> still skipped=155

Skipping is OK actually. I just means that the ansible tasks for other distributions
or versions weren't done, and they shouldn't be. I get 184 skipped on my Ubuntu host.
The lines that are skipped shouldn't include:

TASK [mythtv-macports : <various tasks>] *****************************...

The items of concern are failed (and you had none) and OK. A value of 1, like you
posted means that the task that gets information about the host worked.

I'd re-run it again and add the -v switch. pastebin the output (it will be long)
add add a link to it here if there's nothing obvious about it.

Please add the command lines and output of these:

ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_distribution" localhost
ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_distribution_major_version" localhost
ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_pkg_mgr" localhost

--
Bill
Re: macosx [ In reply to ]
> On 3 May 2022, at 7:00 am, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_distribution" localhost

Bill I just shutdown the host (accidently) I'll get it all up again soon as I get up (I'm disabled and need helpers :-(
Then post the info. The timezone also helps not, it must be late for you it is early morning in Oz

James
Re: macosx [ In reply to ]

> The -i hosts (short for --inventory hosts) then uses that file. If it
> works and John agrees,

running with the -i hosts flag doesn't seem to hurt on my systems, but has
been uneeded to date.

I've just run the following and here is a trimmed output when working (it
should install 21 ports)::

ansible-playbook-3.10
--extra-vars="ansible_python_interpreter=/opt/local/bin/python3.10
install_qtwebkit=true database_version=mysql8" qt5.yml --ask-become-pass
-i hosts

NOTE: I also tested without "database_version=mysql8" and it worked up
through mariadb installation where I cancelled the compile

BECOME password:

[WARNING]: No inventory was parsed, only implicit localhost is available

[WARNING]: provided hosts list is empty, only localhost is available. Note
that the implicit localhost does not match 'all'

[DEPRECATION WARNING]: "include" is deprecated, use
include_tasks/import_tasks instead. This feature will be removed in version
2.16. Deprecation warnings can

be disabled by setting deprecation_warnings=False in ansible.cfg.

PLAY [localhost]
***********************************************************************************************************************************************

TASK [Gathering Facts]
*****************************************************************************************************************************************

ok: [localhost]

<snip>

TASK [mythtv-macports : print final list of ports]

ok: [localhost] => {

"msg":
"ccache,nasm,autoconf,automake,pkgconfig,libxml2,taglib,exiv2,libbluray,lzo2,libsamplerate,libzip,openssl,libvpx,x264,x265,XviD,libvorbis,flac,faac,freetype,libxml2,fftw-3,libass,x264,x265,libvpx,minizip,apache-ant,hdhomerun,xorg-libX11,liberation-fonts,dejavu-fonts,soundtouch,mysql8,python310,py310-future,py310-requests,py310-requests-cache,py310-lxml,py310-oauthlib,py310-curl,py310-simplejson,py310-wheel,py310-pymysql,py310-pip,perl5,p5-date-manip,p5-datetime-format-iso8601,p5-dbi,p5-image-size,p5-io-socket-inet6,p5-json,p5-libwww-perl,p5-http-request-ascgi,p5-net-upnp,p5-soap-lite,p5-xml-xpath,p5-xml-simple,gmake,libtool,lame,gnutls"

}

TASK [mythtv-macports : install packages]
**********************************************************************************************************************

ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-macports : install p5-dbd-mysql for previously specified
mariadb/mysql version]

ok: [localhost]

TASK [mythtv-macports : select the installed version of mariadb/mysql and
python]

changed: [localhost] => (item={'group': 'mysql', 'version': 'mysql8'})

changed: [localhost] => (item={'group': 'python', 'version': 'python310'})

changed: [localhost] => (item={'group': 'python3', 'version': 'python310'})

<snip>

TASK [qt5 : print final qt5 list of ports]
*********************************************************************************************************************

ok: [localhost] => {

"msg": "qt5,qt5-qtscript,qt5-qtwebkit"

}

TASK [qt5 : install port qt5 packages]
*************************************************************************************************************************

ok: [localhost]

TASK [qt5 : install qt5-mysql-plugin for previously specified mariadb/mysql
version]

ok: [localhost]

<snip>

PLAY RECAP
*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

localhost : ok=21 changed=1 unreachable=0
failed=0 skipped=135 rescued=0 ignored=0

Re: macosx [ In reply to ]
On 5/2/22 18:44, John Hoyt wrote:
> 've just run the following and here is a trimmed output when working (it should install 21 ports)::
>
> ansible-playbook-3.10 --extra-vars="ansible_python_interpreter=/opt/local/bin/python3.10 install_qtwebkit=true database_version=mysql8"
>  qt5.yml --ask-become-pass -i hosts
>
> NOTE: I also tested without "database_version=mysql8" and it worked up through mariadb installation where I cancelled the compile
>
> BECOME password:
>
> [WARNING]: No inventory was parsed, only implicit localhost is available
>
> [WARNING]: provided hosts list is empty, only localhost is available. Note that the implicit localhost does not match 'all'

Hey John,

I'd expect the 1st two warnings to go away when an inventory is included. It
just figures out that localhost is all it can talk to without one. I always
put it with the other switches, rather than after the playbook name (qt5.yaml
in this case) but it works OK after the playbook.

--
Bill
Re: macosx [ In reply to ]
> On 3 May 2022, at 8:29 am, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 5/2/22 18:44, John Hoyt wrote:
>> 've just run the following and here is a trimmed output when working (it should install 21 ports)::
>> ansible-playbook-3.10 --extra-vars="ansible_python_interpreter=/opt/local/bin/python3.10 install_qtwebkit=true database_version=mysql8"
>> qt5.yml --ask-become-pass -i hosts
>> NOTE: I also tested without "database_version=mysql8" and it worked up through mariadb installation where I cancelled the compile
>> BECOME password:
>> [WARNING]: No inventory was parsed, only implicit localhost is available
>> [WARNING]: provided hosts list is empty, only localhost is available. Note that the implicit localhost does not match 'all'
>
> Hey John,
>
> I'd expect the 1st two warnings to go away when an inventory is included. It
> just figures out that localhost is all it can talk to without one. I always
> put it with the other switches, rather than after the playbook name (qt5.yaml
> in this case) but it works OK after the playbook.

[haycorn] /Users/jam/mythtv-32/ansible [724]% ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_distribution" localhost
[WARNING]: Platform darwin on host localhost is using the discovered Python interpreter at
/opt/local/bin/python3.10, but future installation of another Python interpreter could change
the meaning of that path. See https://docs.ansible.com/ansible-
core/2.12/reference_appendices/interpreter_discovery.html for more information.
localhost | SUCCESS => {
"ansible_facts": {
"ansible_distribution": "MacOSX",
"discovered_interpreter_python": "/opt/local/bin/python3.10"
},
"changed": false
}
[haycorn] /Users/jam/mythtv-32/ansible [725]%
[haycorn] /Users/jam/mythtv-32/ansible [725]%
[haycorn] /Users/jam/mythtv-32/ansible [725]% ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_distribution_major_version" localhost
[WARNING]: Platform darwin on host localhost is using the discovered Python interpreter at
/opt/local/bin/python3.10, but future installation of another Python interpreter could change
the meaning of that path. See https://docs.ansible.com/ansible-
core/2.12/reference_appendices/interpreter_discovery.html for more information.
localhost | SUCCESS => {
"ansible_facts": {
"ansible_distribution_major_version": "10",
"discovered_interpreter_python": "/opt/local/bin/python3.10"
},
"changed": false
}
[haycorn] /Users/jam/mythtv-32/ansible [726]%
[haycorn] /Users/jam/mythtv-32/ansible [726]%
[haycorn] /Users/jam/mythtv-32/ansible [726]% ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_distribution_major_version" localhost
[WARNING]: Platform darwin on host localhost is using the discovered Python interpreter at
/opt/local/bin/python3.10, but future installation of another Python interpreter could change
the meaning of that path. See https://docs.ansible.com/ansible-
core/2.12/reference_appendices/interpreter_discovery.html for more information.
localhost | SUCCESS => {
"ansible_facts": {
"ansible_distribution_major_version": "10",
"discovered_interpreter_python": "/opt/local/bin/python3.10"
},
"changed": false

https://pastebin.com/9wcmmjxw

and (ofcourse)

[haycorn] /Users/jam [730]% ./compileMythfrontendAnsible.zsh --version=fixes/32 --generate-dmg=true

cd libmythbase/ && ( test -e Makefile || /opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmake -o Makefile /Users/jam/mythtv-32/mythtv/mythtv/libs/libmythbase/libmythbase.pro QMAKE=/opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmake ) && /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -f Makefile
make[2]: Nothing to be done for `first'.
cd libmythservicecontracts/ && ( test -e Makefile || /opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmake -o Makefile /Users/jam/mythtv-32/mythtv/mythtv/libs/libmythservicecontracts/libmythservicecontracts.pro QMAKE=/opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmake ) && /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/make -f Makefile
/opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmake -o Makefile libmythservicecontracts.pro QMAKE=/opt/local/libexec/qt5/bin/qmake
Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: script
make[2]: *** [Makefile] Error 3
make[1]: *** [sub-libmythservicecontracts-make_first] Error 2
make: *** [libs] Error 2
Compiling Mythtv failed

James

Re: macosx [ In reply to ]
> On 3 May 2022, at 7:44 am, John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ansible-playbook-3.10 --extra-vars="ansible_python_interpreter=/opt/local/bin/python3.10 install_qtwebkit=true database_version=mysql8" qt5.yml --ask-become-pass -i hosts

John your post lets me do by hand except it does not show what to get for the qt5 modules dll and thread needed here!

James
Re: macosx [ In reply to ]
On 5/2/22 21:08, James Linder wrote:
>> On 3 May 2022, at 8:29 am, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_distribution" localhost
> [WARNING]: Platform darwin on host localhost is using the discovered Python interpreter at
> /opt/local/bin/python3.10, but future installation of another Python interpreter could change
> the meaning of that path. See https://docs.ansible.com/ansible-

> "ansible_distribution": "MacOSX",
ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_distribution_major_version" localhost

> "ansible_distribution_major_version": "10",
> "discovered_interpreter_python": "/opt/local/bin/python3.10"
ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_distribution_major_version" localhost

Got 2 copies of the major version but not the ansible_pkg_mgr. The expected
value is: "macports"

Please do: ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_pkg_mgr" localhost

> https://pastebin.com/9wcmmjxw

Good paste!

*All* of the mythtv-macports and qt5 roles are being skipped, not just the
ones just the ones that should be skipped.

--
Bill
Re: macosx [ In reply to ]
> On 3 May 2022, at 11:29 am, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On 5/2/22 21:08, James Linder wrote:
>>> On 3 May 2022, at 8:29 am, Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
> ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_distribution" localhost
>> [WARNING]: Platform darwin on host localhost is using the discovered Python interpreter at
>> /opt/local/bin/python3.10, but future installation of another Python interpreter could change
>> the meaning of that path. See https://docs.ansible.com/ansible-
>
>> "ansible_distribution": "MacOSX",
> ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_distribution_major_version" localhost
>
>> "ansible_distribution_major_version": "10",
>> "discovered_interpreter_python": "/opt/local/bin/python3.10"
> ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_distribution_major_version" localhost
>
> Got 2 copies of the major version but not the ansible_pkg_mgr. The expected
> value is: "macports"
>
> Please do: ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_pkg_mgr" localhost
>
>> https://pastebin.com/9wcmmjxw
>
> Good paste!
>
> *All* of the mythtv-macports and qt5 roles are being skipped, not just the
> ones just the ones that should be skipped.

[haycorn] /Users/jam/mythtv-32/ansible [768]% ansible --inventory=hosts --module-name=setup --args="filter=ansible_pkg_mgr" localhost
[WARNING]: Platform darwin on host localhost is using the discovered Python interpreter at
/opt/local/bin/python3.10, but future installation of another Python interpreter could change
the meaning of that path. See https://docs.ansible.com/ansible-
core/2.12/reference_appendices/interpreter_discovery.html for more information.
localhost | SUCCESS => {
"ansible_facts": {
"ansible_pkg_mgr": "homebrew",
"discovered_interpreter_python": "/opt/local/bin/python3.10"
},
"changed": false
}

Don’t know where the homebrew bit comes from, was never me

I installed ports by hand

Can’t understand this