In channel editor, I have chanel name TBSHD, channel number 1049, callsign
11996, and service ID 1049. I entered the first two but I'm not sure how
the last two got set.

This channel is enabled in Schedules Direct (I double checked) and I have
run mythfilldatabase after making this change.

On the program guide the channel shows up but there are no program entries,
it just says Unknown (Unknown)

How can I fix this?
Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:00:15 -0700, you wrote:

>I have tried to add a channel, TBSHD, 1049 on a cable box connected to my
>hdpvr but it's not working.
>
>In channel editor, I have chanel name TBSHD, channel number 1049, callsign
>11996, and service ID 1049. I entered the first two but I'm not sure how
>the last two got set.
>
>This channel is enabled in Schedules Direct (I double checked) and I have
>run mythfilldatabase after making this change.
>
>On the program guide the channel shows up but there are no program entries,
>it just says Unknown (Unknown)
>
>How can I fix this?

You need to set the correct xmltvid for the channel, to match what
Schedules Direct provides.
Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 9:44 PM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:00:15 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >I have tried to add a channel, TBSHD, 1049 on a cable box connected to my
> >hdpvr but it's not working.
> >
> >In channel editor, I have chanel name TBSHD, channel number 1049, callsign
> >11996, and service ID 1049. I entered the first two but I'm not sure how
> >the last two got set.
> >
> >This channel is enabled in Schedules Direct (I double checked) and I have
> >run mythfilldatabase after making this change.
> >
> >On the program guide the channel shows up but there are no program
> entries,
> >it just says Unknown (Unknown)
> >
> >How can I fix this?
>
> You need to set the correct xmltvid for the channel, to match what
> Schedules Direct provides.
>
> I've done that, and no help. Still no entries in the program guide. The
entry I made was I67890.json.schedulesdirect.org I don't see any errors
regarding that channel in mythfilldatabase output.

I tried to set everything else based on an example from another working
channel. I still don't know how "service ID" got set. I may have set that
accidentally but I don't know if it matters, or indeed what that setting is
for. There doesn't seem to be a way to clear it so maybe it got set
automatically after all.
Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On 22/01/2022 18:15, DryHeat122 wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 9:44 PM Stephen Worthington <
> stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:00:15 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>>> I have tried to add a channel, TBSHD, 1049 on a cable box connected to my
>>> hdpvr but it's not working.
>>>
>>> In channel editor, I have chanel name TBSHD, channel number 1049, callsign
>>> 11996, and service ID 1049. I entered the first two but I'm not sure how
>>> the last two got set.
>>>
>>> This channel is enabled in Schedules Direct (I double checked) and I have
>>> run mythfilldatabase after making this change.
>>>
>>> On the program guide the channel shows up but there are no program
>> entries,
>>> it just says Unknown (Unknown)
>>>
>>> How can I fix this?
>>
>> You need to set the correct xmltvid for the channel, to match what
>> Schedules Direct provides.
>>
>> I've done that, and no help. Still no entries in the program guide. The
> entry I made was I67890.json.schedulesdirect.org I don't see any errors
> regarding that channel in mythfilldatabase output.
>
> I tried to set everything else based on an example from another working
> channel. I still don't know how "service ID" got set. I may have set that
> accidentally but I don't know if it matters, or indeed what that setting is
> for. There doesn't seem to be a way to clear it so maybe it got set
> automatically after all.

I'm not sure where in the world you are but if you're using an xmltv grabber to fill your schedule,
you'll need a corresponding entry in the .xmltv file which the grabber runs. I don't think that just
filling in the field in the channel record is enough.

--

Mike Perkins

Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Jan 22, 2022, 2:39 PM Mike Perkins <mikep@randomtraveller.org.uk>
wrote:

> On 22/01/2022 18:15, DryHeat122 wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 9:44 PM Stephen Worthington <
> > stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> my

> callsign
> how

> have

> >> entries,

> >> You need to set the correct xmltvid for the channel, to match what
> >> Schedules Direct provides.
> >>
> >> I've done that, and no help. Still no entries in the program guide. The
> > entry I made was I67890.json.schedulesdirect.org I don't see any errors
> > regarding that channel in mythfilldatabase output.
> >
> > I tried to set everything else based on an example from another working
> > channel. I still don't know how "service ID" got set. I may have set that
> > accidentally but I don't know if it matters, or indeed what that setting
> is
> > for. There doesn't seem to be a way to clear it so maybe it got set
> > automatically after all.
> >
> I'm not sure where in the world you are but if you're using an xmltv
> grabber to fill your schedule,
> you'll need a corresponding entry in the .xmltv file which the grabber
> runs. I don't think that just
> filling in the field in the channel record is enough.
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

I'm in the US.

There doesn't seem to be any way to select an item from the xmltv file
within the channel editor. I looked at the entry for 1048, and duplicated
that with the channel ID shown in SD website for my lineup. Something is
obviously not right, tho.
Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 22 Jan 2022 11:15:56 -0700, you wrote:

>On Fri, Jan 21, 2022 at 9:44 PM Stephen Worthington <
>stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 21:00:15 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>> >I have tried to add a channel, TBSHD, 1049 on a cable box connected to my
>> >hdpvr but it's not working.
>> >
>> >In channel editor, I have chanel name TBSHD, channel number 1049, callsign
>> >11996, and service ID 1049. I entered the first two but I'm not sure how
>> >the last two got set.
>> >
>> >This channel is enabled in Schedules Direct (I double checked) and I have
>> >run mythfilldatabase after making this change.
>> >
>> >On the program guide the channel shows up but there are no program
>> entries,
>> >it just says Unknown (Unknown)
>> >
>> >How can I fix this?
>>
>> You need to set the correct xmltvid for the channel, to match what
>> Schedules Direct provides.
>>
>> I've done that, and no help. Still no entries in the program guide. The
>entry I made was I67890.json.schedulesdirect.org I don't see any errors
>regarding that channel in mythfilldatabase output.
>
>I tried to set everything else based on an example from another working
>channel. I still don't know how "service ID" got set. I may have set that
>accidentally but I don't know if it matters, or indeed what that setting is
>for. There doesn't seem to be a way to clear it so maybe it got set
>automatically after all.

The serviceid (channel.serviceid in the database) is the number the
tuner uses to find the packets for the streams that make up a channel.
Using the serviceid to match data in header packets gives the tuner
the list of pid numbers (packet IDs) for the streams that make up the
channel. The packets for the streams each contain a pid number and
the tuner then just selects out only packets with a pid numbers it
wants. So the serviceid is effectively a physical channel number, as
opposed to the "logical channel number" (LCN, channel.channum in the
database) that you use to tell MythTV to change channels. Serviceid
values only have to be unique on one multiplex, but in practice they
are normally unique across an entire transmission system (eg the ATSC
service in USA/Canada or the DVB-T service here in New Zealand). If
the serviceid is wrong, you will not be able to receive from that
channel. To check if it is correct, just use Live TV - go to the
Guide, select that channel and do M > Watch This Channel. Even
without EPG data, it should play. The serviceid value does not affect
getting EPG data from Schedules Direct - only the xmltvid matters for
that.
Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On 23/01/2022 02:04, DryHeat122 wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 22, 2022, 2:39 PM Mike Perkins <mikep@randomtraveller.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On 22/01/2022 18:15, DryHeat122 wrote:

>> my

>> callsign
>> how

>> have

>>> entry I made was I67890.json.schedulesdirect.org I don't see any errors
>>> regarding that channel in mythfilldatabase output.
>>>
>>> I tried to set everything else based on an example from another working
>>> channel. I still don't know how "service ID" got set. I may have set that
>>> accidentally but I don't know if it matters, or indeed what that setting
>> is
>>> for. There doesn't seem to be a way to clear it so maybe it got set
>>> automatically after all.
>>>
>> I'm not sure where in the world you are but if you're using an xmltv
>> grabber to fill your schedule,
>> you'll need a corresponding entry in the .xmltv file which the grabber
>> runs. I don't think that just
>> filling in the field in the channel record is enough.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mike Perkins
>

> I'm in the US.
>
> There doesn't seem to be any way to select an item from the xmltv file
> within the channel editor. I looked at the entry for 1048, and duplicated
> that with the channel ID shown in SD website for my lineup. Something is
> obviously not right, tho.

You can't do this from the channel editor. It is a text file somewhere under your .mythtv directory
with the name corresponding to the name of your source and the extension .xmltv.

Inside you should find some preamble info including your schedulesdirect name and password and then
a line for each channel of interest (or not).

The channel will have a '=' for a channel you want and a '!' for a channel that should be ignored.
In addition, channels not in the list will be ignored. So you need to find a line that says:

channel=I67890.json.schedulesdirect.org

If it has a '!' change it to a '='. If it isn't there append a new line to the end.

Note. It is possible that this is not the way it works in the US. I am sure that someone more
familiar with that option will chime in if so.

--

Mike Perkins

Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 3:12 AM Mike Perkins <mikep@randomtraveller.org.uk>
wrote:

> On 23/01/2022 02:04, DryHeat122 wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 22, 2022, 2:39 PM Mike Perkins <mikep@randomtraveller.org.uk
> >
> > wrote:

> >> my

> >> callsign
> >> how

> >> have

> The
> errors

> that
> setting
> >> is
> >>>
> >> I'm not sure where in the world you are but if you're using an xmltv
> >> grabber to fill your schedule,
> >> you'll need a corresponding entry in the .xmltv file which the grabber
> >> runs. I don't think that just
> >> filling in the field in the channel record is enough.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> Mike Perkins
> >

> > I'm in the US.
> >
> > There doesn't seem to be any way to select an item from the xmltv file
> > within the channel editor. I looked at the entry for 1048, and duplicated
> > that with the channel ID shown in SD website for my lineup. Something is
> > obviously not right, tho.
> >
> You can't do this from the channel editor. It is a text file somewhere
> under your .mythtv directory
> with the name corresponding to the name of your source and the extension
> .xmltv.
>
> Inside you should find some preamble info including your schedulesdirect
> name and password and then
> a line for each channel of interest (or not).
>
> The channel will have a '=' for a channel you want and a '!' for a channel
> that should be ignored.
> In addition, channels not in the list will be ignored. So you need to find
> a line that says:
>
> channel=I67890.json.schedulesdirect.org
>
> If it has a '!' change it to a '='. If it isn't there append a new line to
> the end.
>
> Note. It is possible that this is not the way it works in the US. I am
> sure that someone more
> familiar with that option will chime in if so.
>
> --
>
> Mike Perkins

Just getting back to this problem. I have /home/mythtv/.mythtv/hdpvr.xmltv
It only contains

database=/home/mythtv/.xmltv/SchedulesDirect-hdpvr.DB
lineup=USA-AZ02490-X
3rdparty-metadata=disabled
mythtv-categories=enabled

station-logo-order=

There are no channel entries like the ones you describe so I'm reluctant to
experiment by adding one unless someone says it's definitely the thing to
do. I'm guessing the record in question is in SchedulesDirect-hdpvr.DB
Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On 2022-02-02 6:26 p.m., DryHeat122 wrote:

> There are no channel entries like the ones you describe so I'm reluctant
> to experiment by adding one unless someone says it's definitely the
> thing to do. I'm guessing the record in question is in
> SchedulesDirect-hdpvr.DB

It looks like you have not properly configured the setup. The wiki page
here: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV
has a quite complete breakdown of the necessary steps. Personally, I am
running an older version of mythtv which does not have all of the steps
available from within mythtv Video Setup. So I use the command line method.

tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure --config-file
/home/mythtv/.mythtv/hdpvr.xmltv

One of the steps involved in the configure process, is to go through and
select the channels you want, or don't want. This is tedious. The quick
route is generally to set all channels to 'yes', and then edit the
hdpvr.xmltv file, setting '=' for those you want and '!' for those you
do not.

Geoff

Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 at 04:00, R. G. Newbury <newbury@mandamus.org> wrote:

> On 2022-02-02 6:26 p.m., DryHeat122 wrote:
>
> > There are no channel entries like the ones you describe so I'm reluctant
> > to experiment by adding one unless someone says it's definitely the
> > thing to do. I'm guessing the record in question is in
> > SchedulesDirect-hdpvr.DB
>
> It looks like you have not properly configured the setup. The wiki page
> here: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV
> has a quite complete breakdown of the necessary steps. Personally, I am
> running an older version of mythtv which does not have all of the steps
> available from within mythtv Video Setup. So I use the command line method.
>
> tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure --config-file
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/hdpvr.xmltv
>
> One of the steps involved in the configure process, is to go through and
> select the channels you want, or don't want. This is tedious. The quick
> route is generally to set all channels to 'yes', and then edit the
> hdpvr.xmltv file, setting '=' for those you want and '!' for those you
> do not.
>
> Geoff

When configuring xmltv by hand for the Schedules Direct grabber you get the
option to select a Lineup or a group of channels.

I've never selected a Lineup, but I assume it's a preset group of channels
based on your specified location.

If that works then it's much easier than individually selected channels by
hand which, as Geoff says, is very tedious.

Sounds like maybe that Lineup isn't working for you though.
Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On 02/02/2022 23:26, DryHeat122 wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2022 at 3:12 AM Mike Perkins <mikep@randomtraveller.org.uk>
> wrote:
>
>> On 23/01/2022 02:04, DryHeat122 wrote:

>> The
>> errors

>> that
>> setting

>>> I'm in the US.
>>>
>>> There doesn't seem to be any way to select an item from the xmltv file
>>> within the channel editor. I looked at the entry for 1048, and duplicated
>>> that with the channel ID shown in SD website for my lineup. Something is
>>> obviously not right, tho.
>>>
>> You can't do this from the channel editor. It is a text file somewhere
>> under your .mythtv directory
>> with the name corresponding to the name of your source and the extension
>> .xmltv.
>>
>> Inside you should find some preamble info including your schedulesdirect
>> name and password and then
>> a line for each channel of interest (or not).
>>
>> The channel will have a '=' for a channel you want and a '!' for a channel
>> that should be ignored.
>> In addition, channels not in the list will be ignored. So you need to find
>> a line that says:
>>
>> channel=I67890.json.schedulesdirect.org
>>
>> If it has a '!' change it to a '='. If it isn't there append a new line to
>> the end.
>>
>> Note. It is possible that this is not the way it works in the US. I am
>> sure that someone more
>> familiar with that option will chime in if so.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Mike Perkins
>>

> Just getting back to this problem. I have /home/mythtv/.mythtv/hdpvr.xmltv
> It only contains
>
> database=/home/mythtv/.xmltv/SchedulesDirect-hdpvr.DB
> lineup=USA-AZ02490-X
> 3rdparty-metadata=disabled
> mythtv-categories=enabled
>
> station-logo-order=
>

> There are no channel entries like the ones you describe so I'm reluctant to
> experiment by adding one unless someone says it's definitely the thing to
> do. I'm guessing the record in question is in SchedulesDirect-hdpvr.DB

Sorry for the noise. It looks like you're using the SQLite version, where all the info is obviously
held on your local database.

I'm using the JSON version but /without/ the database. This version, like the older traditional
xmltv methods, adds a line for each channel found and is therefore easy to check and to edit[1].

I'm guessing the only way for you to correct this would be to re-run the --configure job which ought
to rebuild the database with the correct channels in it. If it hasn't appeared then, then you'll
have to go back to SchedulesDirect and find out if there has been an oversight on their part.

[1] Since they are in the process of moving around a lot of the channels here in the UK, that is a
job I'll be doing very soon now.

--

Mike Perkins

Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On 03/02/2022 07:55, David Watkins wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 at 04:00, R. G. Newbury <newbury@mandamus.org> wrote:
>
>> On 2022-02-02 6:26 p.m., DryHeat122 wrote:
>>
>>> There are no channel entries like the ones you describe so I'm reluctant
>>> to experiment by adding one unless someone says it's definitely the
>>> thing to do. I'm guessing the record in question is in
>>> SchedulesDirect-hdpvr.DB
>>
>> It looks like you have not properly configured the setup. The wiki page
>> here: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV
>> has a quite complete breakdown of the necessary steps. Personally, I am
>> running an older version of mythtv which does not have all of the steps
>> available from within mythtv Video Setup. So I use the command line method.
>>
>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure --config-file
>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/hdpvr.xmltv
>>
>> One of the steps involved in the configure process, is to go through and
>> select the channels you want, or don't want. This is tedious. The quick
>> route is generally to set all channels to 'yes', and then edit the
>> hdpvr.xmltv file, setting '=' for those you want and '!' for those you
>> do not.
>>
>> Geoff
>>

> When configuring xmltv by hand for the Schedules Direct grabber you get the
> option to select a Lineup or a group of channels.
>
> I've never selected a Lineup, but I assume it's a preset group of channels
> based on your specified location.
>
> If that works then it's much easier than individually selected channels by
> hand which, as Geoff says, is very tedious.
>
> Sounds like maybe that Lineup isn't working for you though.

Yep. I would never do that here. The lineup is 'inaccurate' for my postcode since I am in a location
which overlaps three different local regions. People the other side of town (same postcode) get
London while we get South; others a little way north can get Oxford easier.

Suggestion: Do a dummy config run to another .xmltv file and select all channels, then have a look
and see if they have all the ones you expect. That will tell you if your problem could be there.

--

Mike Perkins

Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On 03/02/2022 10:31, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 03/02/2022 07:55, David Watkins wrote:

>>> It looks like you have not properly configured the setup. The wiki page
>>> here: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV
>>> has a quite complete breakdown of the necessary steps. Personally, I am
>>> running an older version of mythtv which does not have all of the steps
>>> available from within mythtv Video Setup. So I use the command line
>>> method.
>>>
>>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure --config-file
>>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/hdpvr.xmltv
>>>
>>> One of the steps involved in the configure process, is to go through and
>>> select the channels you want, or don't want. This is tedious. The quick
>>> route is generally to set all channels to 'yes', and then edit the
>>> hdpvr.xmltv file, setting '=' for those you want and '!' for those you
>>> do not.
>>>
>>> Geoff
>>>

>> When configuring xmltv by hand for the Schedules Direct grabber you
>> get the
>> option to select a Lineup or a group of channels.
>>
>> I've never selected a Lineup, but I assume it's a preset group of
>> channels
>> based on your specified location.
>>
>> If that works then it's much easier than individually selected
>> channels by
>> hand which, as Geoff says, is very tedious.
>>
>> Sounds like maybe that Lineup isn't working for you though.
>>
> Yep. I would never do that here. The lineup is 'inaccurate' for my
> postcode since I am in a location which overlaps three different local
> regions. People the other side of town (same postcode) get London while
> we get South; others a little way north can get Oxford easier.
>
> Suggestion: Do a dummy config run to another .xmltv file and select all
> channels, then have a look and see if they have all the ones you expect.
> That will tell you if your problem could be there.

I notice that BBC One (Oxford) is now on IPTV. Don't tell HMG. It says
540p but drops to lower spec. I wonder if that could use schedule info
from other sources?
Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On 2022-02-03 2:55 a.m., David Watkins wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 at 04:00, R. G. Newbury <newbury@mandamus.org
> <mailto:newbury@mandamus.org>> wrote:
>
> On 2022-02-02 6:26 p.m., DryHeat122 wrote:
>
> > There are no channel entries like the ones you describe so I'm
> reluctant
> > to experiment by adding one unless someone says it's definitely the
> > thing to do. I'm guessing the record in question is in
> > SchedulesDirect-hdpvr.DB
>
> It looks like you have not properly configured the setup. The wiki page
> here: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV
> has a quite complete breakdown of the necessary steps. Personally, I am
> running an older version of mythtv which does not have all of the steps
> available from within mythtv Video Setup. So I use the command line
> method.
>
> tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure --config-file
> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/hdpvr.xmltv
>
> One of the steps involved in the configure process, is to go through
> and
> select the channels you want, or don't want. This is tedious. The quick
> route is generally to set all channels to 'yes', and then edit the
> hdpvr.xmltv file, setting '=' for those you want and '!' for those you
> do not.
>
> Geoff
>
> When configuring xmltv by hand for the Schedules Direct grabber you get
> the option to select a Lineup or a group of channels.
>
> I've never selected a Lineup, but I assume it's a preset group of
> channels based on your specified location.
>
> If that works then it's much easier than individually selected channels
> by hand which, as Geoff says, is very tedious.
>
> Sounds like maybe that Lineup isn't working for you though.

You HAVE TO slect a lineup FIRST. That is how SD knows what channels you
can conceivably receive with a really good antenna. (The change to ATSC
resulted in a major change in the number of channels which anyone
possibly *could* get.)

You have to select lineups in accordance with the tuner type and
reception capabilities. I have 3 lineups: one actually designated as a
Youngstown NY zipcode, for US and some Canadian OTS (ATSC) channels,
another using a Toronto downtown postal code, for Toronto OTS channels,
and another using Mississauga for Rogers Cable. I need 2 OTS channels
because the line-of-sight to the respective transmitters is 89 degrees
apart. So 2 antennas, and 2 (HDHR) tuners.

Each lineup has a bunch of channels which I might possibly get with a
bigger antenna, so those are marked 'off'. Did it once, some years ago!

Not difficult, just tedious.
Geoff
Re: Trouble Adding Channel [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 3:33 PM R. G. Newbury <newbury@mandamus.org> wrote:

> On 2022-02-03 2:55 a.m., David Watkins wrote:
> >

> > On Thu, 3 Feb 2022 at 04:00, R. G. Newbury <newbury@mandamus.org
> > <mailto:newbury@mandamus.org>> wrote:
> >
> > On 2022-02-02 6:26 p.m., DryHeat122 wrote:
> >
> > > There are no channel entries like the ones you describe so I'm
> > reluctant
> > > to experiment by adding one unless someone says it's definitely
> the
> > > thing to do. I'm guessing the record in question is in
> > > SchedulesDirect-hdpvr.DB
> >
> > It looks like you have not properly configured the setup. The wiki
> page
> > here: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV
> > has a quite complete breakdown of the necessary steps. Personally, I
> am
> > running an older version of mythtv which does not have all of the
> steps
> > available from within mythtv Video Setup. So I use the command line
> > method.
> >
> > tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure --config-file
> > /home/mythtv/.mythtv/hdpvr.xmltv
> >
> > One of the steps involved in the configure process, is to go through
> > and
> > select the channels you want, or don't want. This is tedious. The
> quick
> > route is generally to set all channels to 'yes', and then edit the
> > hdpvr.xmltv file, setting '=' for those you want and '!' for those
> you
> > do not.
> >
> > Geoff
> >
> > When configuring xmltv by hand for the Schedules Direct grabber you get
> > the option to select a Lineup or a group of channels.
> >
> > I've never selected a Lineup, but I assume it's a preset group of
> > channels based on your specified location.
> >
> > If that works then it's much easier than individually selected channels
> > by hand which, as Geoff says, is very tedious.
> >
> > Sounds like maybe that Lineup isn't working for you though.
>
> You HAVE TO slect a lineup FIRST. That is how SD knows what channels you
> can conceivably receive with a really good antenna. (The change to ATSC
> resulted in a major change in the number of channels which anyone
> possibly *could* get.)
>
> You have to select lineups in accordance with the tuner type and
> reception capabilities. I have 3 lineups: one actually designated as a
> Youngstown NY zipcode, for US and some Canadian OTS (ATSC) channels,
> another using a Toronto downtown postal code, for Toronto OTS channels,
> and another using Mississauga for Rogers Cable. I need 2 OTS channels
> because the line-of-sight to the respective transmitters is 89 degrees
> apart. So 2 antennas, and 2 (HDHR) tuners.
>
> Each lineup has a bunch of channels which I might possibly get with a
> bigger antenna, so those are marked 'off'. Did it once, some years ago!
>
> Not difficult, just tedious.
> Geoff
>
> I remembered I had set up xmltv with the database option. According to the
wiki, I could edit the DB using sqlite3 to set the enabled value to 1. I
did this, and I'm still getting no listings. I'm going to give up. All my
other channels are working fine and I can schedule the show I was trying to
record on TBS manually. Thanks all for the advice.