Mailing List Archive

mythweb listings broken
So in the LA area Fox (channel 11 here) switched to ATSC 3 last month
and all my recordings on that channel were failing. I ended up having to
delete and rescan to get it working again (they moved the ATSC 1 stream
to a different frequency). All seemed good with the world until I went
to mythweb to review my recordings for next week and there was no data
after next Weds :(.

I spent an inordinate amount of time futzing with schedules direct and
mythfilldatabase with no luck, until I realized it was *only* the
mythweb view that was hosed. mythtv itself knew about listings up until
Sat 2/5, all my upcoming recordings were listed, and using the mythtv
listings UI showed everything.

Any idea what might be going on here or how I could fix it? I looked at
the built-in mythtv webui again (which also shows all the listings) but
it still isn't quite feature par with scheduling stuff via mythweb.
Unless I'm missing something, the listings in the builtin webui don't
seem to show whether a given program is going to be recorded or not.

Thanks for any suggestions...
Re: mythweb listings broken [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 12:50:33PM -0800, Paul B. Henson wrote:

> I spent an inordinate amount of time futzing with schedules direct and
> mythfilldatabase with no luck, until I realized it was *only* the
> mythweb view that was hosed. mythtv itself knew about listings up until
> Sat 2/5, all my upcoming recordings were listed, and using the mythtv
> listings UI showed everything.

Hmm, another datapoint - it looks like only the channels I had marked as
"favorites" are affected. When I disabled the option the only display
favorite channels all the channels I don't care about have data 8-/.

When I go to the mythtv channel editor all the ones that are broken
appear to have two identical copies listed. That's weird.

If I look at the raw db table, the two copies of the channel are the
same except for the chanid.

I'm guessing I need to delete one of them for each affected channel but
which one...

Re: mythweb listings broken [ In reply to ]
> On Jan 20, 2022, at 3:50 PM, Paul B. Henson <henson@acm.org> wrote:
>
> So in the LA area Fox (channel 11 here) switched to ATSC 3 last month
> and all my recordings on that channel were failing. I ended up having to
> delete and rescan to get it working again (they moved the ATSC 1 stream
> to a different frequency). All seemed good with the world until I went
> to mythweb to review my recordings for next week and there was no data
> after next Weds :(.
>
> I spent an inordinate amount of time futzing with schedules direct and
> mythfilldatabase with no luck, until I realized it was *only* the
> mythweb view that was hosed. mythtv itself knew about listings up until
> Sat 2/5, all my upcoming recordings were listed, and using the mythtv
> listings UI showed everything.
>
> Any idea what might be going on here or how I could fix it? I looked at
> the built-in mythtv webui again (which also shows all the listings) but
> it still isn't quite feature par with scheduling stuff via mythweb.
> Unless I'm missing something, the listings in the builtin webui don't
> seem to show whether a given program is going to be recorded or not.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions…

You may need some assistance from Schedules direct particularly how they are mapping fox data to the new atsc 1.0 channel.

Re: mythweb listings broken [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 04:16:22PM -0500, Jay Harbeston wrote:

> You may need some assistance from Schedules direct particularly how
> they are mapping fox data to the new atsc 1.0 channel.

I ended up completely deleting all channels again and rescanning, but
this time I unchecked the box labeled "Full search for old channels".
When that finished, there weren't any duplicate channels any more and
both the mythtv and mythweb listings worked. The data for 11 seems fine
and a couple test recordings worked.

Dunno. I looked and didn't see any postings on the list about the change
by Fox in the LA area, guess either everybody else didn't run into any
issues or nobody else around here records channel 11 :).

Thanks...

Re: mythweb listings broken [ In reply to ]
i am late to this thread, but i am in los angeles and saw the fox 11
thing right away when i looked at my hdhomerun gui. it was back in
december. so i changed it right away. i had it through the virtual
tuning in tvheadend also so when that still worked i saw right away it
had gone into ktla at 35. so now both are poor quality ota. the vhf 11
is now atsc 3.0 for the old fox11, ktla 5, and my13. i still have a
cablebox so i have been taking the fox stuff through the firewire where
the have a much higher bitrate.