Transmitted Guide Only (EIT)
No Grabber

I have looked through the available packages and I don't see anything that
appears relevant. Am I missing a package? Or is there something more I need
to do to show additional grabbers? (I'm looking for an entry for
SchedulesDirect.)

Thank you!
Paul Boniol
Re: Problem with Listings Grabber on New Install [ In reply to ]
On 1/19/22 3:46 AM, Paul Boniol wrote:
> Long time MythTV user. I can normally figure out problems, but I'm not
> sure where to start with this.
>
> I just installed Kubuntu 20.04.3 on a new system over the weekend.  I
> went through the Ubuntu directions on the MythTV WIki (from Ubuntu
> packages).  The only package it couldn't find was
> mythbuntu-control-centre, but that doesn't seem relevant.
>
> I encountered a problem when it got to configuring:
>
> Video sources
> New video source
>
> Listings Grabber only gives the options:
> Transmitted Guide Only (EIT)
> No Grabber
>
> I have looked through the available packages and I don't see anything
> that appears relevant. Am I missing a package? Or is there something
> more I need to do to show additional grabbers?  (I'm looking for an
> entry for SchedulesDirect.)
>
> Thank you!
> Paul Boniol

Did you install mythtv xmltv. If not see: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV

Jim A
Re: Problem with Listings Grabber on New Install [ In reply to ]
Paul:
> I encountered a problem when it got to configuring:
>
> Video sources
> New video source
>
> Listings Grabber only gives the options:
> Transmitted Guide Only (EIT)
> No Grabber

Jim's answer is probably correct: I had the same issue recently. Also,
the XMLTV page reference has a warning reminder comment to become the
mythtv user (I believe 'sudo su mythtv', use 'whomami' to check).  I may
have skipped that step in  my recent Backend creation and
mythfilldatabase did not work properly.  Workaround seems to be to run
as a cron job.

Barry

Re: Problem with Listings Grabber on New Install [ In reply to ]
On 1/19/22 7:32 AM, Barry Martin wrote:

> Paul:
>> I encountered a problem when it got to configuring:
>>
>> Video sources
>> New video source
>>
>> Listings Grabber only gives the options:
>> Transmitted Guide Only (EIT)
>> No Grabber
>
> Jim's answer is probably correct: I had the same issue recently. Also, the XMLTV page reference has a warning reminder comment to become the
> mythtv user (I believe 'sudo su mythtv', use 'whomami' to check).  I may have skipped that step in  my recent Backend creation and
> mythfilldatabase did not work properly.  Workaround seems to be to run as a cron job.

Or, you can be sure the added files look like this:

https://forum.mythtv.org/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3480&start=15#p19508

and when running mythfilldatabase from the command line, do it as
user mythtv.

--
Bill
Re: Problem with Listings Grabber on New Install [ In reply to ]
You were correct. XMLTV was not installed. Adding those packages got a full
list of grabbers. I got SchedulesDirect up and going without problem.

Thank you!
Paul Boniol