I have mainly the group "default" for me and "célia" for my daughter.
All recordings are in the same storage folder.

I copied all "célia"-recordings to another folder. In Mythtv I only want
to keep and see the "default"-group.

How to delete the group "célia" and all its recordings (about 100) ?

I searched a lot in setup, frontend and on the web, I could not find it.

sincerely

Klaus
Re: delete recording group [ In reply to ]
On 1/11/2022 3:39 PM, Klaus Becker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have mainly the group "default" for me and "célia" for my daughter.
> All recordings are in the same storage folder.
>
> I copied all "célia"-recordings to another folder. In Mythtv I only
> want to keep and see the "default"-group.
>
> How to delete the group "célia" and all its recordings (about 100) ?
>
> I searched a lot in setup, frontend and on the web, I could not find it.
>
> sincerely
>
> Klaus

The way to delete lots of recordings is to add them to the playlist and
then use the playlist menu to delete them all. In mythfrontend, make
sure the celia recording group is the current one, using either the menu
or the fastforward or rewind keys. Then make sure the left hand list
with titles, not individual recordings, is active and that you're at the
top. On my english language system that means "All Programs - celia" is
the active selection. Press M - Menu. This should bring up the "Group
List Menu" and the fourth choice should be "Add this Group to Playlist".
Once you click OK on that, you should see green check marks on the left
of every recording. It might be a little different if you aren't using a
MythCenter based theme. Click on M - Menu again. This time the fourth
choice will lead to the "Playlist options" sub menu. The top of the sub
menu will read: "There are XXX items in the playlist. Actions affect all
items in the playlist" Cursor down to the "Delete" option, press OK, and
watch while you see everything disappear. Once the recording group is
empty, if you now switch to the All or Default group, you won't see the
celia group anymore. Hope that helps
Re: delete recording group [ In reply to ]
On 1/11/22 3:39 PM, Klaus Becker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have mainly the group "default" for me and "célia" for my daughter.
> All recordings are in the same storage folder.
>
> I copied all "célia"-recordings to another folder. In Mythtv I only
> want to keep and see the "default"-group.
>
> How to delete the group "célia" and all its recordings (about 100) ?
>
> I searched a lot in setup, frontend and on the web, I could not find it.
>
> sincerely
>
> Klaus

You can easily delete all the recordings in the group. In the frontend,
select the group Celia, select "All Programs - Celia" Press M (menu) and
"Add this group to playlist". Then select M (menu) and "Playlist
Options", "Delete".

I do not believe there is a way in the system to delete the recording
group. The only way I can see to do it is delete it from the database,
which is not a recommended thing to do.

Peter
Re: delete recording group [ In reply to ]
Am 12/01/2022 um 02:10 schrieb Peter Bennett:

> On 1/11/22 3:39 PM, Klaus Becker wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have mainly the group "default" for me and "célia" for my daughter.
>> All recordings are in the same storage folder.
>>
>> I copied all "célia"-recordings to another folder. In Mythtv I only
>> want to keep and see the "default"-group.
>>
>> How to delete the group "célia" and all its recordings (about 100) ?
>>
>> I searched a lot in setup, frontend and on the web, I could not find it.
>>
>> sincerely
>>
>> Klaus
>>
> You can easily delete all the recordings in the group. In the frontend,
> select the group Celia, select "All Programs - Celia" Press M (menu) and
> "Add this group to playlist". Then select M (menu) and "Playlist
> Options", "Delete".
>
> I do not believe there is a way in the system to delete the recording
> group. The only way I can see to do it is delete it from the database,
> which is not a recommended thing to do.
>
> Peter

done, thanks you Peter and Helen (?).

The recordings are gone and the group either, but the files in the
storage group are still there.

How to delete them ? A have a list of their names and links, so I can
easysly delete them manually, but is it the right way for MythTV and its
database ?

Klaus

Re: delete recording group [ In reply to ]
On 12/01/2022 08:47, Klaus Becker wrote:

> Am 12/01/2022 um 02:10 schrieb Peter Bennett:
>>
>> On 1/11/22 3:39 PM, Klaus Becker wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have mainly the group "default" for me and "célia" for my daughter. All recordings are in the
>>> same storage folder.
>>>
>>> I copied all "célia"-recordings to another folder. In Mythtv I only want to keep and see the
>>> "default"-group.
>>>
>>> How to delete the group "célia" and all its recordings (about 100) ?
>>>
>>> I searched a lot in setup, frontend and on the web, I could not find it.
>>>
>>> sincerely
>>>
>>> Klaus
>>>
>> You can easily delete all the recordings in the group. In the frontend, select the group Celia,
>> select "All Programs - Celia" Press M (menu) and "Add this group to playlist". Then select M
>> (menu) and "Playlist Options", "Delete".
>>
>> I do not believe there is a way in the system to delete the recording group. The only way I can
>> see to do it is delete it from the database, which is not a recommended thing to do.
>>
>> Peter
>
> done, thanks you Peter and Helen (?).
>
> The recordings are gone and the group either, but the files in the storage group are still there.
>
> How to delete them ? A have a list of their names and links, so I can easysly delete them manually,
> but is it the right way for MythTV and its database ?

Remember that myth deletes big files slowly. They may be still there but in the database they have a
delete pending status. They'll go slowly over the next few hours, depending how many there are.

--

Mike Perkins

Re: delete recording group [ In reply to ]

Re: delete recording group [ In reply to ]
On 01/11/2022 08:10 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
> I do not believe there is a way in the system to delete the recording
> group. The only way I can see to do it is delete it from the database,
> which is not a recommended thing to do.

When the last recording in the recording group is deleted (and expired
from the system), the recording group itself is "deleted" (recording
groups only exist as metadata in the recording itself, so when the
recording is gone, so is the group).

Mike
Re: delete recording group [ In reply to ]
On 01/12/2022 07:06 AM, David Watkins wrote:

> Remember that myth deletes big files slowly. They may be still
> there but in the database they have a
> delete pending status. They'll go slowly over the next few hours,
> depending how many there are.
>

> It can also be configured not to delete recordings at all, until it
> actually needs the space. Not sure it that would apply here.

Yes, it does. Check the

Time to retain deleted recordings (days)

Determines the maximum number of days before undeleting a recording will
become impossible. A value of zero means the recording will be
permanently deleted between 5 and 20 minutes later. A value of minus one
means recordings will be retained until space is required. A recording
will always be removed before this time if the space is needed for a new
recording.

setting.

Mike
Re: delete recording group [ In reply to ]
Am 12/01/2022 um 13:10 schrieb Michael T. Dean:
> On 01/11/2022 08:10 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> I do not believe there is a way in the system to delete the recording
>> group. The only way I can see to do it is delete it from the database,
>> which is not a recommended thing to do.
>
> When the last recording in the recording group is deleted (and expired
> from the system), the recording group itself is "deleted" (recording
> groups only exist as metadata in the recording itself, so when the
> recording is gone, so is the group).
>
> Mike

Meanwhile, the recordings have been deleted by MyhtTV, thanks a lot !

Klaus
Re: delete recording group [ In reply to ]
On 01/12/2022 07:10 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 01/11/2022 08:10 PM, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> I do not believe there is a way in the system to delete the recording
>> group. The only way I can see to do it is delete it from the
>> database, which is not a recommended thing to do.
>
> When the last recording in the recording group is deleted (and expired
> from the system), the recording group itself is "deleted" (recording
> groups only exist as metadata in the recording itself, so when the
> recording is gone, so is the group).

Oh, it seems that has changed. The groups are now in another table, so
Peter's response is correct.

Mike