Mailing List Archive

IPTV in master
I tried IPTV a few years ago and made a few recordings, but it never
became routine for me. I have tried it again in the last few days, and
maybe it's worth another look; I think yesterday's 'SI tuning' commit
for live tv helps in seeing what is out there, which seemed more
difficult before.

I've been using the uk.m3u list from the IPTV github site, starting my
mythtv-setup scan from a fictional channel 5000. That gave (then) 215
new channels, some of which give good live playback - but others are
likely to cause hangups, and scheduling for me at present is of the
WhatYouSeeIsWhatYouGet kind, with a default recording length of 30
minutes. Some of the channel names don't appear in the m3u8 lines.

This has been with an FE/BE box with a 2-core 2.8 GHz cpu and NVDEC
decoding, although some of the channels may be less demanding; or give
only a 'partial lock' or be absent or geolimited. Perhaps the download
from the github site needs to be edited and served locally?

I haven't noticed much about IPTV on this list. Are people using it?

John P

Re: IPTV in master [ In reply to ]
On 1/9/22 6:52 AM, John Pilkington wrote:
> I haven't noticed much about IPTV on this list.  Are people using it?

I'm not currently, but will be reviewing when 32 is released.

Doug
Re: IPTV in master [ In reply to ]
i use it regularly. however i have to build with a patch as some links
will not play without it. but if there is any minor hiccup in the
stream. the recording will stop. but it does generally work ok.

Re: IPTV in master [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 2022-01-09 at 07:39 -0800, glen wrote:
> i use it regularly. however i have to build with a patch as some
> links will not play without it.

Hi Glen,

Can you file an issue on this, and provide a couple of links that have
problems. That sounds like something that should get fixed.

> but if there is any minor hiccup in the stream. the recording will
> stop.

Is this related to the first problem? Does the recording stop only on
the links that need the patch, or does it stop on all links.

Thanks.

David