Mailing List Archive

Audio drop-out IPTV recordings started on upgrade to V30
I am having an interesting situation that started when I upgraded from
Version 29.x to 31.0-12 from rpmfusion-free-updates.

My hardware, OS, etc all remain unchanged the only thing that changed
is the mythtv version.

Problem: on every recording, the audio plays for several seconds, then
stops for like 1 or 1.5 seconds, then starts again...

I am using Freebox-IPTV_Recorder for input, it comes from a
HD_IPTV_Streaming_Encoder (FBE200-H.264-LAN) Configured as follows:
VIDEO:
Resolution 1920*1080
TS over IP
Encode H.264
CBR 4096 kbps
30 FPS
AUDIO:
Bitrate 64000 bps
2 channel
Encoder: AAC-LC

The hardware on the Backend/frontend box is Dual Xenon Procs, 32 Gig
Ram, blah, blah blah...

Nothing has changed in Backend/Frontend Hardware or OS or the hardware
encoder and it's settings.

I go back and play recordings made a few weeks ago on V29.x and they
are fine, however evrything made since switching to V30.x has the audio
drop out issue...

Are there known issues with the IPTV encoding on V30, or something ?

Suggestions ? I really do not want to go thru the pain of trying to
downgrade back to V29.

Thanks for the help/ideas,
Jim