Can anyone help me?
--
Michael Homsey
Re: fine tuning custom recording selection by title [ In reply to ]
> On 1 Nov 2021, at 9:35 am, Michael Homsey <m.s.homsey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> I have been using the custom recording to set up future recordings that are yet to appear in the program guide. Ido this so I don't miss the recording.
> I have found that some titles e.g. "cardinal" which is an example of the full title for the show will and this will also trigger recording of anything with this string in the title. So it would also add "
> Live: NFL Week 9: Cardinals at 49ers: Week 9: Cardinals at 49ers"
> Which is not quite what I wanted.
> I looked for documentation to assist, but nothing obvious came up.
> Can anyone help me

Michael

first YOU have to craft some expression that describes what you want to catch.
Then you can get help forming that into a mysql query

eg: cardinal like “at” on chan 9 between 6pm and 9pm. That sort stuff.
James

Re: fine tuning custom recording selection by title [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 1 Nov 2021 09:48:28 +0800, you wrote:

>> On 1 Nov 2021, at 9:35 am, Michael Homsey <m.s.homsey@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I have been using the custom recording to set up future recordings that are yet to appear in the program guide. Ido this so I don't miss the recording.
>> I have found that some titles e.g. "cardinal" which is an example of the full title for the show will and this will also trigger recording of anything with this string in the title. So it would also add "
>> Live: NFL Week 9: Cardinals at 49ers: Week 9: Cardinals at 49ers"
>> Which is not quite what I wanted.
>> I looked for documentation to assist, but nothing obvious came up.
>> Can anyone help me
>
>Michael
>
>first YOU have to craft some expression that describes what you want to catch.
>Then you can get help forming that into a mysql query
>
>eg: cardinal like ?at? on chan 9 between 6pm and 9pm. That sort stuff.
>James

In a custom rule, you can do anything that you can do in SQL. You
need to refer to the documentation of the MySQL/MariaDB SQL language.
You normally will be using columns from the "program" (EPG data) and
"channel" tables.

To record a title that is just the word Cardinal, you would do:

program.title="Cardinal"

To record everything with Cardinal in the title somewhere:

program.title like '%cardinal%'

Case does not matter with "like", but does with "=".

If you want to limit it to one channel, then you can add something
like:

and program.chanid=<chanid of channel>

where you have to look up the chanid value from the channel table. It
is also possible to refer to the channel table:

and channel.channum='<channum of channel>'

or even:

and channel.name='<name of channel>'

In the latter two cases, if you receive the same channel from
different sources, it will record from any source. If you use the
chanid, it will only record from the one specified channel.