Mailing List Archive

Create Ticket in Trac
Trying to create a ticket in track for the following problem but get the
following error.

"TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation. You
don't have the required permissions."

If someone with privilege creates the ticket I will add logs.

Multi Record TuningSignalCheck: SignalMonitor failed ----- Wrong timeout

I have recently resurrected a USB tuner (Hauppauge Dual HD) which
performs very well. My previous use was with a maximum of 2 simultaneous
recordings on each mux. Which worked.

I re-installed it with default parameters.
Signal timeout 3000
Tuning timeout 6000
Schedule as group enabled.

The card works very well with 0 continuity error counts and during
testing I cannot break it by multirecording, 5 simultaneous on same mux.
However in normal use I periodically get SignalMonitor failed after 1
second of the recording start. I note that the period does not match the
values set as above.

The fault occurs on a multi record of 2 or 3 programs after a period
during which no recordings have been made.
The failure occurs on only 1 of the programs in the multirecord the
others being perfect.
The following multi record always works no matter how many programs are
involved, so the issue I guess is caused by a transient timing issue
instigated by the first use of multirecord.

Single recordings never fail.
Multi recordings following this fail always work.

Instances:
Sep 28 20:00:01 tv mythbackend: mythbackend[1523]: E TVRecEvent
tv_rec.cpp:3959 (TuningSignalCheck) TVRec[9]: TuningSignalCheck:
SignalMonitor failed
Sep 30 20:00:01 tv mythbackend: mythbackend[1525]: E TVRecEvent
tv_rec.cpp:3959 (TuningSignalCheck) TVRec[9]: TuningSignalCheck:
SignalMonitor failed
Sep 19 20:00:01 tv mythbackend: mythbackend[4247]: E TVRecEvent
tv_rec.cpp:3959 (TuningSignalCheck) TVRec[9]: TuningSignalCheck:
SignalMonitor failed
Sep 12 20:00:01 tv mythbackend: mythbackend[1854]: E TVRecEvent
tv_rec.cpp:3959 (TuningSignalCheck) TVRec[9]: TuningSignalCheck:
SignalMonitor failed
Note the time is the same for all the above, it is the first multirecord
after startup as explained above.
The fact that it is always virtual tuner [9] may be relevant.

Re: Create Ticket in Trac [ In reply to ]
On Friday, 1 October 2021 12:30:11 BST John wrote:
> Trying to create a ticket in track for the following problem but get the
> following error.

Aren't we meant to be using Github for issues?

Steve.

Re: Create Ticket in Trac [ In reply to ]

> Aren't we meant to be using Github for issues?
>
> Steve.

That's my memory. Here's the link to Github Issues:
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues
Re: Create Ticket in Trac [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 1 Oct 2021 12:30:11 +0100, you wrote:

>Trying to create a ticket in track for the following problem but get the
>following error.
>
>"TICKET_CREATE privileges are required to perform this operation. You
>don't have the required permissions."
>
>If someone with privilege creates the ticket I will add logs.
>
>Multi Record TuningSignalCheck: SignalMonitor failed ----- Wrong timeout
>
>I have recently resurrected a USB tuner (Hauppauge Dual HD) which
>performs very well. My previous use was with a maximum of 2 simultaneous
>recordings on each mux. Which worked.
>
>I re-installed it with default parameters.
>Signal timeout 3000
>Tuning timeout 6000
>Schedule as group enabled.
>
>The card works very well with 0 continuity error counts and during
>testing I cannot break it by multirecording, 5 simultaneous on same mux.
>However in normal use I periodically get SignalMonitor failed after 1
>second of the recording start. I note that the period does not match the
>values set as above.
>
>The fault occurs on a multi record of 2 or 3 programs after a period
>during which no recordings have been made.
>The failure occurs on only 1 of the programs in the multirecord the
>others being perfect.
>The following multi record always works no matter how many programs are
>involved, so the issue I guess is caused by a transient timing issue
>instigated by the first use of multirecord.
>
>Single recordings never fail.
>Multi recordings following this fail always work.
>
>Instances:
>Sep 28 20:00:01 tv mythbackend: mythbackend[1523]: E TVRecEvent
>tv_rec.cpp:3959 (TuningSignalCheck) TVRec[9]: TuningSignalCheck:
>SignalMonitor failed
>Sep 30 20:00:01 tv mythbackend: mythbackend[1525]: E TVRecEvent
>tv_rec.cpp:3959 (TuningSignalCheck) TVRec[9]: TuningSignalCheck:
>SignalMonitor failed
>Sep 19 20:00:01 tv mythbackend: mythbackend[4247]: E TVRecEvent
>tv_rec.cpp:3959 (TuningSignalCheck) TVRec[9]: TuningSignalCheck:
>SignalMonitor failed
>Sep 12 20:00:01 tv mythbackend: mythbackend[1854]: E TVRecEvent
>tv_rec.cpp:3959 (TuningSignalCheck) TVRec[9]: TuningSignalCheck:
>SignalMonitor failed
>Note the time is the same for all the above, it is the first multirecord
>after startup as explained above.
>The fact that it is always virtual tuner [9] may be relevant.

The tickets need to be created on the github site now:

https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues
Re: Create Ticket in Trac [ In reply to ]
Thanks sorted raised https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/issues/396