Mailing List Archive

Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Re: channel4 hd has no eit - cross-eit
On 06/09/2021 19:48, Klaas de Waal wrote:

> [...]
> the time zone
> >> for all the dates in the EIT for that week. In steady state
> that's likely
> >> to be fine, but in those two transition weeks of the year, when
> one batch
> >> of listings has some listings before the change and some after
> the change,
> >> some of those listings will be assigned the wrong offset.
> >>
> >> The correct but slightly more laborious fix, in my opinion,
> would be to
> >> apply the offset to each individual programme listing in the
> batch, thus
> >> possibly having programmes in the same batch with different UTC
> offsets,
> >> which will happen during those transition weeks. I'll code it
> up in python
> >> when I have a moment, starting from the code that Stephen
> posted yesterday
> >> that got rid of the absurdly long lines.
> > No, there will not be different offsets. Cross-eit.py is exporting
> > data from the MythTV database.  MythTV internally only works in UTC,
> > so all the exported data will be UTC.  So all that needs to be
> done is
> > to add the string " +0000" on the end of the "start=" and "stop="
> > timestamps.
> >
> > When mythfilldatabase reads an XMLTV file, it will use the timezone
> > offsets to convert each timestamp to UTC before it puts it into the
> > database.  EPG collected from a TV channel (using EIT, MHEG5 or
> OpenTV
> > which are the formats I have used) is usually in local time and
> > therefore will have the correct offsets on it.  When that collected
> > data crosses a daylight saving change, you will see the offset
> values
> > change (unless the EPG provider has screwed things up, which is
> fairly
> > common in this part of the world).
> >
> > It is possible that the old cross-eit.py code that included using
> > timedelta was from when MythTV used local times in its
> database.  That
> > caused hideous complications in the code for handling daylight
> saving,
> > so the internal times were all changed to UTC many versions of
> MythTV
> > ago now.
> >
> > I have put an updated version of cross-eit.py (v2.1) with this
> change
> > on my web server:
> >
> > http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/cross-eit.py
> <http://www.jsw.gen.nz/mythtv/cross-eit.py>
> <http://wiki.mythtv.org/Mailing_List_etiquette>
> > MythTV Forums: https://forum.mythtv.org <https://forum.mythtv.org>
>
> Thanks will give that a try

> Just curious, do real TV's and set-top-boxes with satellite tuners
> show the EPG for Channel Four HD on Freesat?
>
> Klaas.

"Just curious, do real TV's and set-top-boxes with satellite tuners show
the EPG for Channel Four HD on Freesat? "
No they don't show the 8 day EPG but now, next works. So you get the
next program.

cross-eit.py (v2.1) with this change works fine, many thanks.
Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Re: channel4 hd has no eit - cross-eit [ In reply to ]
To further confuse me the working version of cross-eit from Nemo was
invoked by

./cross-eit-nemo.py 65692,"hd.channel4.com" --forcehd

and not using the --shift -60 specified

usr/bin/python3 /home/mythtv/scripts/cross-eit2.py
--output=/tmp/export.xml --forcehd --shift -60? 18312,ch4.guide >
/home/mythtv/scripts/cross-eit2.out

Re: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Re: channel4 hd has no eit - cross-eit [ In reply to ]
Looking back down the thread I think that your chanid=65692 equates to one
of the "Channel 4 SD" channels?

If that's the case then it's working OK: per my probably not-very-clear
message I'm getting the data from Channel 4+1 so I do need to timeshift by
- 1 hour.

I sort of remember having to do it that way because it wouldn't work if the
channel I was copying from wasn't set to 'visible' and none of my "SD
Channel 4"s are. But don't quote me on that...

Re: Fwd: Fwd: Fwd: Re: channel4 hd has no eit - cross-eit [ In reply to ]