andrew@etc.gen.nz |
Catalyst Cloud: | This space intentionally left blank
https://catalystcloud.nz |
Re: Fail to build .debs for Debian Bullseye [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Aug 15, 2021 at 7:30 AM Andrew Ruthven <andrew@etc.gen.nz> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Building the .deb files for Debian requires installing crystalhd-dev,
> however this has been removed from Bullseye:
> https://tracker.debian.org/news/1229920/crystalhd-removed-from-testing/
>
> It also appears that linux-kernel-headers which is another dependency is
> no longer present as a virtual package.
>
> Cheers,
> Andrew

I posted about this back on 4 June 2021. Nobody responded. Hopefully your
message will get some activity.

_____________
Ryan Patterson
May the wings of liberty never lose a feather.
Re: Fail to build .debs for Debian Bullseye [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 12:54 AM Ryan Patterson <ryan.goat@gmail.com> wrote:

> I posted about this back on 4 June 2021. Nobody responded. Hopefully your message will get some activity.

A PR with a fix (that supports both the new and
the old) will likely be the approach most likely to
be fully successful.
Re: Fail to build .debs for Debian Bullseye [ In reply to ]
On 8/21/21 11:05 PM, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 22, 2021 at 12:54 AM Ryan Patterson <ryan.goat@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I posted about this back on 4 June 2021. Nobody responded. Hopefully your message will get some activity.
> A PR with a fix (that supports both the new and
> the old) will likely be the approach most likely to
> be fully successful.

This is also a problem with Raspbian (Raspberry Pi OS 64bit). I can't
use ansible for dependencies. crystalhd is gone from even Buster on
Rasberry Pi OS 64bit.

Jim A