That's fine if you do this rarely, but I do it to analyze swings in PBA
tournaments. There are up to 46 swings in a game, and like five games in a
tournament.

Is there any way to set a slowdown amount preference and toggle between it
and normal with a hotkey?

I'd like to be able to watch a broadcast, detect when the bowler is
starting, hit the key to switch to slowno, wait till the ball clears the
pins, then hit the key again and get back to real time.
Re: Easy toggle slow-normal playback speed? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jul 18, 2021 at 09:43:53PM -0700, DryHeat122 wrote:
> I frequently have the need to watch a small part of a recording in slow
> motion. I found that one can do this by issuing keyboard "a".
>
> This brings up an interface where you can increment or decrement playback %
> (plus or minus) by using a slider that operates with successive presses of
> the l/r arrow keys. That's one press to bring up the interface, plus five
> presses to slow by 50%, five.presses to go back to normal, then one ESC to
> close the interface. Twelve presses to accomplish.
>
> That's fine if you do this rarely, but I do it to analyze swings in PBA
> tournaments. There are up to 46 swings in a game, and like five games in a
> tournament.
>
> Is there any way to set a slowdown amount preference and toggle between it
> and normal with a hotkey?
>
> I'd like to be able to watch a broadcast, detect when the bowler is
> starting, hit the key to switch to slowno, wait till the ball clears the
> pins, then hit the key again and get back to real time.

Set your desired slow speed normally, then press A twice to toggle
bettwen it and normal speed.

David
--
David Engel
david@istwok.net
Re: Easy toggle slow-normal playback speed? [ In reply to ]
On 7/19/2021 12:43 AM, DryHeat122 wrote:
> I frequently have the need to watch a small part of a recording in
> slow motion.  I found that one can do this by issuing keyboard "a".
>
> This brings up an interface where you can increment or decrement
> playback % (plus or minus) by using a slider that operates with
> successive presses of the l/r arrow keys.  That's one press to bring
> up the interface, plus five presses to slow by 50%, five.presses to go
> back to normal, then one ESC to close the interface. Twelve presses to
> accomplish.
>
> That's fine if you do this rarely, but I do it to analyze swings in
> PBA tournaments. There are up to 46 swings in a game, and like five
> games in a tournament.
>
> Is there any way to set a slowdown amount preference and toggle
> between it and normal with a hotkey?
>
> I'd like to be able to watch a broadcast, detect when the bowler is
> starting, hit the key to switch to slowno, wait till the ball clears
> the pins, then hit the key again and get back to real time.

The SPEEDINC action mapped by default to the U key will get close to
what you want. If you pause playback right before the action you want to
see in slowmo, then press U, it will play at 1/16 speed, a second press
will give you 1/8 speed, third press 1/3 and fourth will resume normal
playback.
Re: Easy toggle slow-normal playback speed? [ In reply to ]
On 07/19/2021 12:43 AM, DryHeat122 wrote:
> I frequently have the need to watch a small part of a recording in
> slow motion. I found that one can do this by issuing keyboard "a".
>
> This brings up an interface where you can increment or decrement
> playback % (plus or minus) by using a slider that operates with
> successive presses of the l/r arrow keys.

or the up/down keys (Global/UP and Global/DOWN), which do 0.25
increments/decrements versus the 0.05 increments of the left/right keys

> That's one press to bring up the interface, plus five presses to
> slow by 50%,

2 with down

> five.presses to go back to normal,

or 1 with TV Playback/TOGGLESTRETCH

> then one ESC to close the interface. Twelve presses to accomplish.

and then 1 with TV Playback/TOGGLESTRETCH to go to your last-used (0.5x)
time stretch speed (so after going to 0.5x once, you can return to it
with one keypress until you exit playback). Note that TOGGLESTRETCH
defaults to "last-used" 1.5x when first entering playback.

Mike
Re: Easy toggle slow-normal playback speed? [ In reply to ]
On 07/21/2021 08:09 AM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> or 1 with TV Playback/TOGGLESTRETCH

and BTW, the TOGGLESTRETCH action is not bound to any key by default, so
you will have to edit the key binding in mythfrontend for the
frontend(s) on which you would like to use it.

Mike