source for XMLTV. The input connections are pointing to it. Now I'm
trying to get the channels. In the past I have used Fetch Channels from
Listing Source, but that is not working.

It's been a long time since I tried setting up a new video source, so I'm
sure I'm missing something. At no point has it asked for my schedules
direct login. It seems like I should have put that in already, but I don't
know where. Can anyone help me?

Lloyd
Re: Setting up new XMLTV [ In reply to ]
On 6/28/21 11:08 PM, Lloyd Chittenden wrote:
> So my schedules direct stopped working a couple weeks ago, and I've been struggling to get the new XMLTV working since then.  I created a new
> video source for XMLTV.  The input connections are pointing to it.  Now I'm trying to get the channels.  In the past I have used Fetch Channels
> from Listing Source, but that is not working.
>
> It's been a long time since I tried setting up a new video source, so I'm sure I'm missing something.  At no point has it asked for my schedules
> direct login.  It seems like I should have put that in already, but I don't know where.  Can anyone help me?
>
> Lloyd

You're probably using this: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Schedules_Direct_Setup

I'd mention the grabber you picked tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite or
tv_grab_zz_sdjson to get more help.

I used tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite and was prompted for user/password
in the 1st command:

tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --manage-lineups --config-file /home/mythtv/.mythtv/<your source name here>.xmltv

--
Bill
Re: Setting up new XMLTV [ In reply to ]
I used tv_grab_zz_sdjson. I'll try the other one.

Re: Setting up new XMLTV [ In reply to ]
On 29/06/2021 05:25, Lloyd Chittenden wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2021, 10:22 PM Bill Meek <keemllib@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 6/28/21 11:08 PM, Lloyd Chittenden wrote:
>>> So my schedules direct stopped working a couple weeks ago, and I've been
>> struggling to get the new XMLTV working since then. I created a new
>>> video source for XMLTV. The input connections are pointing to it. Now
>> I'm trying to get the channels. In the past I have used Fetch Channels
>>> from Listing Source, but that is not working.
>>>
>>> It's been a long time since I tried setting up a new video source, so
>> I'm sure I'm missing something. At no point has it asked for my schedules
>>> direct login. It seems like I should have put that in already, but I
>> don't know where. Can anyone help me?
>>>
>>> Lloyd
>>
>> You're probably using this:
>> https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/XMLTV#Schedules_Direct_Setup
>>
>> I'd mention the grabber you picked tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite or
>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson to get more help.
>>
>> I used tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite and was prompted for user/password
>> in the 1st command:
>>
>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --manage-lineups --config-file
>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/<your source name here>.xmltv
>
> I used tv_grab_zz_sdjson. I'll try the other one.

I use tv_grab_zz_json. It works fine. I'm in the UK so "fetch channels" does not apply, the same may
be true for you. You may have to scan for channels instead, even if you use cable.

--

Mike Perkins

Re: Setting up new XMLTV [ In reply to ]
On 29/06/2021 17:26, Mike Perkins wrote:
> On 29/06/2021 05:25, Lloyd Chittenden wrote:

>>> struggling to get the new XMLTV working since then.  I created a new
>>> I'm trying to get the channels.  In the past I have used Fetch Channels

>>>    tv_grab_zz_sdjson_sqlite --manage-lineups --config-file
>>> /home/mythtv/.mythtv/<your source name here>.xmltv
>>
>> I used tv_grab_zz_sdjson.  I'll try the other one.
>>
> I use tv_grab_zz_json. It works fine. I'm in the UK so "fetch
> channels" does not apply, the same may be true for you. You may have
> to scan for channels instead, even if you use cable.

I used this in the UK
/usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --output sd.xml
/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 3 --file --xmlfile sd.xml
/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 5 --file --xmlfile sd.xml

3 and 5 where freesat dvb-s and dvb-s2 channels, I was going to get a
dvb-s2 card but never did.

Now in Oz and use
/usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --output SD.xml
/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 8 --file --xmlfile SD.xml

(Historical reasons for this. I had a broken xmltv install that was
unfixable without an upgrade, LinHes hangover. So the tv_grab_zz_sdjson
was on another box)

I ran the following first:
/usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure
and removed a whole load of channels in
tv_grab_zz_sdjson.conf
I think had to edit the channels in mythtv using the web gui to assign
channel numbes.
I had been using EIT but it is so appallingly bad in Oz I went to SD
again when I saw it was available.

--
'ooroo

Stinga...(:)-)
Email: stinga+mythtv@wolf-rock.com o
You need only two tools. o /////
A hammer and duct tape. If it /@ `\ /) ~
doesn't move and it should use > (O) X< ~ Fish!!
the hammer. If it moves and `\___/' \) ~
shouldn't, use the tape. \\\
Re: Setting up new XMLTV [ In reply to ]
I have still been unable to scan or fetch channels.  I found a screen
that says "The username is not available in the settings table."  Where
is the settings table.  I think I just need to fill that in, but I don't
know where it is.

Lloyd

Re: Setting up new XMLTV [ In reply to ]
On 7/3/21 9:36 AM, Lloyd wrote:
> I have still been unable to scan or fetch channels.  I found a screen that says "The username is not available in the settings table."  Where is
> the settings table.  I think I just need to fill that in, but I don't know where it is.
>
> Lloyd
>

> On 6/29/2021 3:42 AM, stinga wrote:

>>> I use tv_grab_zz_json. It works fine. I'm in the UK so "fetch channels" does not apply, the same may be true for you. You may have to scan
>>> for channels instead, even if you use cable.
>>
>> I used this in the UK
>> /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --output sd.xml
>> /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 3 --file --xmlfile sd.xml
>> /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 5 --file --xmlfile sd.xml
>>
>> 3 and 5 where freesat dvb-s and dvb-s2 channels, I was going to get a dvb-s2 card but never did.
>>
>> Now in Oz and use
>> /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --output SD.xml
>> /usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --sourceid 8 --file --xmlfile SD.xml
>>
>> (Historical reasons for this. I had a broken xmltv install that was unfixable without an upgrade, LinHes hangover. So the tv_grab_zz_sdjson
>> was on another box)
>>
>> I ran the following first:
>> /usr/bin/tv_grab_zz_sdjson --configure
>> and removed a whole load of channels in
>> tv_grab_zz_sdjson.conf
>> I think had to edit the channels in mythtv using the web gui to assign channel numbes.
>> I had been using EIT but it is so appallingly bad in Oz I went to SD again when I saw it was available.

I suspect there was more to the output message. Here's the full text from
the script:

if (!defined($username))
{
print (STDERR "Your database is not configured to access the Schedules Direct\n");
print (STDERR "service (the username is not available in the settings table).\n");
print (STDERR "Please re-run $SCRIPT_NAME --manage-lineups to\n");
print (STDERR "initialize the database\n");
exit(1);
}

Which says to re-run with --manage-lineups...

--
Bill