Mailing List Archive

MythTV and Mythbuntu Wiki Pages
I updated the https://help.ubuntu.com/community/MythTV wiki page, and I created a new https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythbuntu. Some of the information on the Ubuntu wiki page may still be outdated. Do you see anything that needs to change? The new Mythbuntu page is blank for now, but I hope to add some content today or within a few days. On the new Mythbuntu page, I would like to describe what Mythbuntu currently is and include some helpful information. What should be included on the new Mythbuntu wiki page?

Some items that should be included on the new Mythbuntu wiki page:

Mythbuntu never completely went away. When the Mythbuntu distribution was discontinued, the Mythbuntu MythTV Updates PPAs remained and are frequently updated.

The Mythbuntu project previously had a configuration utility named Mythbuntu Control Centre that could be installed on an Ubuntu system, and it could be used to install MythTV and configure the system. Mythbuntu Control Panel is the successor to MCC, and it retains the ability to install MythTV and contains some of the most important configuration components.

Mythbuntu Control Panel can be used to make the installation and system configuration easier, faster, and less prone to configuration errors. See https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythbuntu_Control_Panel for MCP installation instructions and more information it.

One of the reasons that the Mythbuntu distribution was created was to provide a system that was minimal with only essential software. The need to have a separate distribution to accomplish this no longer exists since Ubuntu and Xubuntu now have a minimum install option when using the normal installation method.

The Mythbuntu theme is a sleek black theme ... (include screen shot).

A Mythbuntu MythTV Updates PPA can be added using MCP or by entering the following in a terminal ...

Ted