started watching a week or 2 ago so I can finish it.. as I'm always
forgetting !!

Al
Re: Mythtv feature [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 15:53:49 +0100, you wrote:

>Would it be possible to have a list of programs watched recently? Maybe
>this exists in a new version but I think it would be handy to see what you
>started watching a week or 2 ago so I can finish it.. as I'm always
>forgetting !!
>
>Al

I solved that problem for my mother by adding an event script that
logs the start playing, pause, stop playing and delete recordings
events. But that is not very user friendly. It works best if you
know the approximate time when you were watching, so it works well to
tell you what you were watching last, which is what my mother needs.

With some work, a more complex event script could look up the database
and create a more user friendly list from the raw data available from
an event call. That could be presented in various ways, such as
having it as a web page.
Re: Mythtv feature [ In reply to ]
On 6/17/21 1:36 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 15:53:49 +0100, you wrote:
>
>> Would it be possible to have a list of programs watched recently? Maybe
>> this exists in a new version but I think it would be handy to see what you
>> started watching a week or 2 ago so I can finish it.. as I'm always
>> forgetting !!
>>
>> Al
> I solved that problem for my mother by adding an event script that
> logs the start playing, pause, stop playing and delete recordings
> events. But that is not very user friendly. It works best if you
> know the approximate time when you were watching, so it works well to
> tell you what you were watching last, which is what my mother needs.
>
> With some work, a more complex event script could look up the database
> and create a more user friendly list from the raw data available from
> an event call. That could be presented in various ways, such as
> having it as a web page.

FWIW Leanfront has a recently viewed list that is configurable. I use it
all the time to keep track of what I am watching.

https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront/blob/master/README.md

Peter

Re: Mythtv feature [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jun 18, 2021 at 9:16 AM Peter Bennett <pb.mythtv@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 6/17/21 1:36 PM, Stephen Worthington wrote:
> > On Thu, 17 Jun 2021 15:53:49 +0100, you wrote:
> >
> >> Would it be possible to have a list of programs watched recently? Maybe
> >> this exists in a new version but I think it would be handy to see what
> you
> >> started watching a week or 2 ago so I can finish it.. as I'm always
> >> forgetting !!
> >>
> >> Al
> > I solved that problem for my mother by adding an event script that
> > logs the start playing, pause, stop playing and delete recordings
> > events. But that is not very user friendly. It works best if you
> > know the approximate time when you were watching, so it works well to
> > tell you what you were watching last, which is what my mother needs.
> >
> > With some work, a more complex event script could look up the database
> > and create a more user friendly list from the raw data available from
> > an event call. That could be presented in various ways, such as
> > having it as a web page.
>
> FWIW Leanfront has a recently viewed list that is configurable. I use it
> all the time to keep track of what I am watching.
>

> https://github.com/bennettpeter/android-MythTV-Leanfront/blob/master/README.md
>
> Peter

Peter,

Leanfront has really improved over the years and it's our primary viewer.
As I've stated elsewhere, We no longer use PCs or Mac for viewing any
Mythtv. We use exclusively Android TV devices like FireTV and Shield TV.
Trying to configure other frontends was too time consuming and I've got
better things to do.

With Amazon Days coming up next Monday, I'll be looking for a good price on
a few more FireTV 4Ks. I'll then be able to retire some old PC hardware in
all my TV locations.

Thanks for all the work on Leanfront.

Jim A
Re: Mythtv feature [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2021-06-18 at 09:15 -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:

> FWIW Leanfront has a recently viewed list that is configurable.

Neat. Is that a purely client-side feature or does it build on data
held on the backend?

I had been wondering recently about adding a "In Progress" group to
"Watch Recordings" in myth-fe which simply includes anything with a
bookmark set.

I've also wondered if "Watch Recordings" itself could be improved,
right now we don't really use it since it recommends random episodes
from the middle of series we haven't started yet in preference to e.g.
the next episode of a series we are currently watching. Perhaps as well
as making it more aware of series/episode structure it could give a
priority boost to anything with a bookmark.

Ian.

Re: Mythtv feature [ In reply to ]
On 6/19/21 5:48 AM, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Fri, 2021-06-18 at 09:15 -0400, Peter Bennett wrote:
>> FWIW Leanfront has a recently viewed list that is configurable.
> Neat. Is that a purely client-side feature or does it build on data
> held on the backend?
Client side, so each firestick with leanfront has its own recently
viewed list.
> I had been wondering recently about adding a "In Progress" group to
> "Watch Recordings" in myth-fe which simply includes anything with a
> bookmark set.

Leanfront "recently viewed" also includes "watched" shows, which will
not have a bookmark. It also includes deleted shows as long as you have
a delay on physical delete set in MythTV.

A problem with finding all recordings with a bookmark is that the
bookmark lookup is a separate call and looking up bookmarks for hundreds
of shows may be slow. (This applies to leanfront, which uses the service
api, Mythfrontend may not have that problem).