Mailing List Archive

Mythweb: Missing preview images when server offline
I have always been a bit disappointed that MythWeb's recorded programs
page had missing preview images on all recordings made by a slave
backend whenever that server was not running (which was most of the
time).  I have now permanently retired that system and, predictably,
NEVER have preview images for the many recordings I still have that were
made by that system, all of which have always been stored (via NFS) on
my master FE/BE server.  I think I understand the logic of the design
(slave backend MAY store its own recordings which are needed for the
preview), but I think it is short-sighted that the previews never get
saved on the server where the recordings reside and used from there,
regardless of which host recorded them (mythfrontend has no such troubles).

Any way, is there a way I can get the main BE to generate those preview
images?  Is there a field in a table where I can simply change the
hostname to the master BE's to get the master BE to generate the images?

Dave D.

Re: Mythweb: Missing preview images when server offline [ In reply to ]
Got it:  update recorded set hostname='master_backend' where
hostname='retired_slave';

Should have put that in a cron job a long time ago!

Dave D.