I be looking at any of the other video decoding schemes for this AMD Ryzen
4300U based system?

Steve

Steve Greene
(301) 842-8923
historicity.co
An independent archival professional specializing in still photography,
moving images and recorded sound.
Re: Asus PN50 as frontend [ In reply to ]
On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 5:53 PM Steve Greene <sgreene820@gmail.com> wrote:

> My old NUC5 finally died, so while I was upgrading the rest of my system I
> decided to replace it with an ASUS PN50. I installed Mint Mate 20.1. I'm
> pleasantly surprised it installed without difficulty. Once I installed a
> 5.8 kernel, almost all the features were there. The one piece of the puzzle
> remaining is the CIR chipset. The kernel recognizes an ITE8708 CIR chipset,
> but ir-keytable doesn't find it. A little Googling revealed that a patch is
> circulating for that issue.
>
> I'm impressed with how well it is handling interlacing under VAAPI. Should
> I be looking at any of the other video decoding schemes for this AMD Ryzen
> 4300U based system?

Unfortunately I don't have any answers, but I do have a few questions. :)

What kind of TV/receiver is it connected to? HD? 4k? And built-in sound, or
a surround sound receiver?

Thanks,
-justin

Re: Asus PN50 as frontend [ In reply to ]
HD1080p, connected to an Onkyo 5.1 home theater receiver, in turn connected
to the TV. Thinking of the FLIRC as the solution to the remote control
conundrum.