The wiki says when I set up the capture card I should be able to enter a
device id and tuner number. But when I select HDHomerun Networked Tuner
and go to the next screen there are only record options. What to do?
Re: HDHR reconfig no options for device id/tuner [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Apr 20, 2021 at 2:16 AM DryHeat122 <dryheat122@gmail.com> wrote:
> What to do?

Have you rebooted the HDHR so it gets a
new DHCP assigned IP address on your
new subnet?

If you don't know how to do the reboot
remotely now that you have changed
your router a power cycle is likely the
easiest solution.
Re: HDHR reconfig no options for device id/tuner [ In reply to ]
I can do that, but now I have deleted the capture card. Does setup not
allow me to specify a device id unless is sees a HDHR on the network or
something?

Re: HDHR reconfig no options for device id/tuner [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 20:29:09 -0700, you wrote:

>I can do that, but now I have deleted the capture card. Does setup not
>allow me to specify a device id unless is sees a HDHR on the network or
>something?

I believe it scans for available HDHRs and allows you to select from
the ones it finds. So if your HDHR is not able to talk due to having
an incorrect IP address, it will not be listed as available. HDHRs
support a discovery protocol to find them on a subnet.
Re: HDHR reconfig no options for device id/tuner [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Apr 19, 2021, 9:17 PM Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz>
wrote:

> On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 20:29:09 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >I can do that, but now I have deleted the capture card. Does setup not
> >allow me to specify a device id unless is sees a HDHR on the network or
> >something?
>
> I believe it scans for available HDHRs and allows you to select from
> the ones it finds. So if your HDHR is not able to talk due to having
> an incorrect IP address, it will not be listed as available. HDHRs
> support a discovery protocol to find them on a subnet.

I rebooted the HDHR, a d my Roku can see/play it. Still getting the same
result on backend when trying to add it.

Re: HDHR reconfig no options for device id/tuner [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 18:33:19 -0700, you wrote:

>On Mon, Apr 19, 2021, 9:17 PM Stephen Worthington <stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz>
>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 19 Apr 2021 20:29:09 -0700, you wrote:
>>
>> >I can do that, but now I have deleted the capture card. Does setup not
>> >allow me to specify a device id unless is sees a HDHR on the network or
>> >something?
>>
>> I believe it scans for available HDHRs and allows you to select from
>> the ones it finds. So if your HDHR is not able to talk due to having
>> an incorrect IP address, it will not be listed as available. HDHRs
>> support a discovery protocol to find them on a subnet.
>>

>I rebooted the HDHR, a d my Roku can see/play it. Still getting the same
>result on backend when trying to add it.

Does hdhomerun_config or hdhomerun_config_gui see the HDHR? If your
router can tell you the address it has assigned to the HDHR, does
pinging that address work?
Re: HDHR reconfig no options for device id/tuner [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Apr 21, 2021 at 8:24 PM Stephen Worthington <
stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz> wrote:

> On Wed, 21 Apr 2021 18:33:19 -0700, you wrote:
>
> >On Mon, Apr 19, 2021, 9:17 PM Stephen Worthington <
> stephen_agent@jsw.gen.nz>
> >wrote:

> >> I believe it scans for available HDHRs and allows you to select from
> >> the ones it finds. So if your HDHR is not able to talk due to having
> >> an incorrect IP address, it will not be listed as available. HDHRs
> >> support a discovery protocol to find them on a subnet.
> >>

> >I rebooted the HDHR, a d my Roku can see/play it. Still getting the same
> >result on backend when trying to add it.
>
> Does hdhomerun_config or hdhomerun_config_gui see the HDHR? If your
> router can tell you the address it has assigned to the HDHR, does
> pinging that address work?

Checking these things out, it hit me that the problem was UFW rules.
Changed them to reflect the new subset and everything works. Thanks for
the help!