should not be used in the scheduling. I don't want to go through each
channel and mark it invisible.

Steve
Re: Snip! Snip! Cutting the cable. [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 3:09 PM Stephen Baker
<stephen@wildwood.baker.org> wrote:

> I just cut the cable. I am now using OTA and streaming. Is there an easy way to inform the scheduler that a source is no longer valid and should not be used in the scheduling. I don't want to go through each channel and mark it invisible.

If you were using a dedicated videosource
for your cable, deleting the videosource
should do it (and deleting the capturecard
(aka tuner) that was being used for your
cable for cleanliness).

Depending on your source of EPG you may
also want to go clean up any subscription
you might have.
Re: Snip! Snip! Cutting the cable. [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2021-03-19 at 15:38 +0000, Gary Buhrmaster wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 3:09 PM Stephen Baker
> <stephen@wildwood.baker.org> wrote:
> >
> > I just cut the cable. I am now using OTA and streaming. Is there an
> > easy way to inform the scheduler that a source is no longer valid
> > and should not be used in the scheduling. I don't want to go
> > through each channel and mark it invisible.
> >

> If you were using a dedicated videosource
> for your cable, deleting the videosource
> should do it (and deleting the capturecard
> (aka tuner) that was being used for your
> cable for cleanliness).
>
> Depending on your source of EPG you may
> also want to go clean up any subscription
> you might have.

Won't that remove all the channels with the same sourceid? I think that
would mess up all the referential integrity to the recorded* tables. I
already have a number of shows that display the chanid  (#1234) where
there should be a channum from a previous time that I did a channel
scan. I'd like to preserve the history that I have. Marking each
channel as not visible will take it out of the scheduler and out of my
list of viewable. I have already changed the xmltvgrabber to /bin/true
so that it will not try to refresh the program* tables.
Re: Snip! Snip! Cutting the cable. [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 4:10 PM Stephen Baker
<stephen@wildwood.baker.org> wrote:

> Won't that remove all the channels with the same sourceid?

Not if you are on the supported version of MythTV
(i.e. fixes/31) where the channels are marked
"deleted" (and removed/cleaned up when the last
reference is deleted). This was implemented by
gigem for fixes/31 (it is buried in the release notes).

> Marking each channel as not visible

If you want to go that way, there is a 3rd party
tool MythUtil-Channel-visibility (documented on
the wiki) that uses the services API that can
update all the channels in a videosource as
(in)visible, but I think in your case you would
want to just delete the videosource.
Re: Snip! Snip! Cutting the cable. [ In reply to ]
Hoi Gary,

> On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 4:10 PM Stephen Baker
> <stephen@wildwood.baker.org> wrote:

>> Won't that remove all the channels with the same sourceid?

> Not if you are on the supported version of MythTV
> (i.e. fixes/31) where the channels are marked
> "deleted" (and removed/cleaned up when the last
> reference is deleted). This was implemented by
> gigem for fixes/31 (it is buried in the release notes).

>> Marking each channel as not visible

> If you want to go that way, there is a 3rd party
> tool MythUtil-Channel-visibility (documented on
> the wiki) that uses the services API that can
> update all the channels in a videosource as
> (in)visible, but I think in your case you would
> want to just delete the videosource.

I think disconnecting the videosource from your card will do the
trick. You then leave the source intact but inactive.

Tot mails,
Hika mailto:hikavdh@gmail.com

"Zonder hoop kun je niet leven
Zonder leven is er geen hoop