Anyone here who can help me ?

Best Regards

Luigi
Re: First Steps problems on OS X [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Mar 12, 2021, 10:09 PM Carlo Paolelli <gigixiv@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Spent the whole day trying to get it up and running - all these
> components..
>
> But the Frontend still cannot connect to the database …

What version are you using? Are you also running the backend on macOS?
Are the frontend and backend on different computers?

Did you compile mythfrontend on your own or grab one of the prebuilts off
of sourceforge?

Have you checked the backends firewall to make sure the right ports are
open?

Have you double-checked mariadb/mysql for the correct user permissions?

Happy to help troubleshoot where I can. I will be a bit slow to respond
this weekend - so apologies in advance for that.
Re: First Steps problems on OS X [ In reply to ]
On Sat, Mar 13, 2021 at 10:37 AM John Hoyt <john.hoyt@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 12, 2021, 10:09 PM Carlo Paolelli <gigixiv@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Spent the whole day trying to get it up and running - all these
>> components..
>>
>> But the Frontend still cannot connect to the database …
>

> What version are you using? Are you also running the backend on macOS?
> Are the frontend and backend on different computers?
>
> Did you compile mythfrontend on your own or grab one of the prebuilts off
> of sourceforge?
>
> Have you checked the backends firewall to make sure the right ports are
> open?
>
> Have you double-checked mariadb/mysql for the correct user permissions?
>
> Happy to help troubleshoot where I can. I will be a bit slow to respond
> this weekend - so apologies in advance for that.

Any luck getting your frontend to connect?