HD-PVR Captions (hardware - "Easycap")
Reference:
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Captions_with_HD-PVR
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Captions_with_HD-PVR_alternate

My hardware died some time ago. I ran across a device called "Easycap"
and it seems there is Linux/v4l2 support. However, I can't tell if the
device supports VBI/CC. Anyone using this or have any experience
capturing/recording closed-captions with this device?
Re: HD-PVR Captions (hardware - "Easycap") [ In reply to ]

> My hardware died some time ago. I ran across a device called "Easycap"
> and it seems there is Linux/v4l2 support. However, I can't tell if the
> device supports VBI/CC. Anyone using this or have any experience
> capturing/recording closed-captions with this device?

I think there are lots of these on eBay under different brands. I tried a
few of these a while ago to capture VHS tapes to digital. I had a helluva
job getting any of them to work properly. From memory audio wouldn't work.
They were all pretty awful. The device that worked for me in the end was a
Hauppauge USB-Live 2.